Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Python~, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

That's what this whole thread is about Tomcat. It's about discussing different viewpoints, which yes, are thrown in to different groups of people- no matter how much you disagree with the opinion or don't agree with the total viewpoint, you don't need to go around throwing direct insults towards a person trying to discuss a topic.

If you have a problem, shoot me a PM- this isn't the place. But like I said earlier, continuing to derail the discussion and behaving in this manner will result in either closure of the thread or the participant being removed from the discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Why did you bring up these points then if nobody was arguing to make guns illegal?
    -
    Even the most expensive crossbow I could find can't hold more than a single bolt at a time, so you'd have to shoot one, hope it kills, reload, continue. I'd like to see you shoot up a school and kill 17 people like that.
    -
    This is simply not true because:
    And as for your second point, you stated:
    -
    Ok? My point was that you agree with me that we should make guns harder to obtain, yet you claimed to have "no idea what mean"
    -
    ok and? You stated that
    Implying that if we took your guns away, the US would be a dictatorship, which I refuted with the fact that several countries have their guns banned entirely and they aren't a dictatorship so...

You made that way too easy for me.

3. .shirt

.shirt VIP

So as usual
    1. americans want to keep their guns because MURICA'
    2. Despite the fact that this dude obtained gun legally you think more gun control isn't the way to go.
    3. Trump removed the bill barring mentally ill people even though he just said himself the shooter was mental.
    4. SECOND AMENDMENT
    5. BUT BUT BUT BUT OBAMA BUT BUT HILARY!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. in my country womens lives are equated with those of the unborn. is it bullshit? yes
    sometimes the constitution is outdated af. Especially considering ones that are from routy touty cowboy wild west times like when the american constitution was conjured up
    ya know we're going to do? change it.
    value lives more than guns

ok but what do people use to kill like 20 kids and injure more in a short space of time? guns
    this is the worst take

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Why are all the non american countries just chiming in like WELL IN MY COUNTRY like does anyone want to realize the massive differences between the united states and other countries in regards to how the population feels, the law works, and how passing new laws works?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yeah the massive difference is kids dont die in our schools from AR15s

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

bish dont be toxic. Especially considering the sheer size difference between the countries in population. My point is you can't just use your own country as a perfect template and say the US should do the same thing.

8. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Python....just stop. you clearly disagree with me, and I clearly disagree with you.

For your information, I wasn't saying go shoot up a school with a crossbow (or any gun)

Some people think guns should be completely illegal like Australia. (didn't they collect them all and throw them in a smelting plant?)

AR-15 is a rifle, not a pistol. Teens can't buy pistols for the reason of a pistol being easy to hide. I have a .22 that holds 12 rounds and is about as small as my palm.

I made it easy for you to make a fool of yourself. I don't get why you're saying it's not the case for a teen to buy a pistol if he can buy a an AR. Honestly I don't think a 21 year old should even be able to buy a gun. These dumb fucking kids don't understand the value of life.

Take it to PMs. This is getting nowhere. It's just turning into a challenge pissing contest.

Also @saverickandroll

I value lives over guns, but if a gun is a thing that exists today, I need to have one. Because people can still obtain them and try to harm me. I'd rather have one for protection, than not have one at all.

You can't deny the fact there are psychos out there. You also can't deny that making guns illegal, or harder to obtain wouldn't solve the issue of criminals some how getting a hold of one. So if a criminal has a gun, why can't a sane, non malicious civilian have one?

All I'm saying is that logic of "remove guns or make them impossible to obtain" is retarded.

Oh and by the way, an unborn baby has just the same value of life as anyone else.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I see a lot of arguments against making it harder to obtain guns legally, but I have yet to see 1 solution proposed by people who defend guns and claim that "people kill people"

I've asked this several times over the course of this thread but I haven't gotten a single clear answer

I'd love to hear what yall have in mind, since my ideas are so badly thought up and causes suffering for the poor souls who want to buy a piece of metal that can take lives away, because those kinds of things should be readily available since it's in our constitution

10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Restricting guns and all other weapons that could be used in a similar manner (like a flamethrower lul)
    Create universal healthcare with therapy built in so you can attempt to help the people that want to kill people (Ya ya ya you can't force them to go, but its fucking something)
    The fact is right now many people own guns legally for either self defense or as a hobby. So until all of society is so safe that you don't have to worry about protecting yourself in some of the roughest neighborhoods, and ensure that people who want to shoot guns for fun or hunting have access to the firearms, you're going to get the people who are defending their guns.

11. How am I being toxic. It's a legit point. My country ain't perfect, no country is. But plenty of people have pointed out other countries who brought in gun control after incidents and what a surprise, it worked.

12. Guns exist and I don't need one. Are you saying America is more dangerous than my country? Or perhaps it's GUN CONTROL PROTECTING LIVES
    it's like you're saying these words and you actually don't know what they mean ???????

And yeah ofc you hate women why am I not surprised

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I like your post, it’s well sourced and such. But you are being misleading with numbers. Movement from 4.9 to 2.6 compared to movement from 2.6 to .86 can’t be looked at with just subtraction. Rates will have a minimum and a maximum that become harder to influence the smaller and larger the numbers get. That means that it’s easier to change the rate when it’s larger and harder to change it when it’s smaller. Just wanted to point that one thing out. Since you base your first paragraph’s argument on the idea that rates slow and whatnot. I don’t care about gun laws, but I care about math so I wanted to bring this up.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I’ve always thought that school shootings were more of a mental illness issue than an issue with the guns themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Imo this is a really dangerous take. The majority of mentally ill people do not go on mass murder rampages. It could be something to do with how these situations are portrayed by the media tho; bit of a correlation with the majority of the demographic that do school shootings and how the media portray white criminals as "troubled"

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  16. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I dunno how that comment became racially driven. I’d say anyone who has the mindset to kill a bunch of innocent people is “troubled” regardless of their skin color.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Media: white people "troubled"
    Also media: colored person"terrorist"

Not making it racial or anything just pointing out the complete obvious.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

It's not within any reasonable species in nature to murder its own kind, so something is not normal with these folks. Granted mentally ill or mental issues is the widest net known to mankink as that could literally include someone with ADD / ADHD etc. The fact of the matter is, there are people out there who want to cause harm, those people are the issue. The other issue is that maybe its too easy to acquire hardware to fulfull those goals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  20. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Bring back mental asylums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.