Art Graphic Help @£@£@£@£@£@

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Wendy, May 22, 2020.

?

Shitty Design likes

Poll closed May 24, 2020.
  1. 1

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 3

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

[​IMG]

Please help me out. This is a front cover for rebranding of a logo for a class im doing.

Thread because people gave me mixed preferences. Maybe here I will be able to have a better result.

Thank you <3

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

It depends what the mood and audience of the design is. If it's a formal presentation-type audience, I'd say 2 or 3, depending on the topic, but probably preferring 2. If you're looking for a poster or something that will be used as an Ad, I'd say 1 or 3, then depending on what kind of ad, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

I really like 3, minimalistic, gets the point acrosss, and is just completely beautiful

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I don't like two only because of the lines starting on the page and not from outside of it, to me it makes it look less "smooth" if that makes sense. That's why I really like 3, it's really simple and lays out really nicely. However, if it's for a front cover and you want to grab people's attention. Then 1 imo is the one to go with. There's not a lot going on in it, but it's still complicated enough to catch your eye. I like the addition of more black in the first one, because it contrasts really nicely. Honestly it's a bit trivial, but I like "The Design Process" over "Design Process". Maybe add that into the first one somehow.

If you want a really definitive answer, go with the first one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. -tyler

Yeah I don't know what it is but it looks a lot better like that. Maybe it's because I'm obsessive-compulsive, but "The Design Process" sounds a lot more definitive and I think the word 'The' makes the design a bit less blank.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Wouldn’t it look better with the “The” as big as the rest?

8. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

I believe it the word 'Design' is the most important word there so It's the biggest, then process, then the. Also there has to be white-space (empty space) around the elements to have breathing room. Anymore increase to the text would need me to decrease the size of other elements and decrease the impact of the design.

• Like Like x 1
  9. -tyler

I don't know actually, I think it would still look better than Design Process. But "the" being squished down a bit and then letting the subject of it fill up more space looks best to me. It might just be me when I read things, but when I see The Design Process all in the same font size I read it as "The. Design. Process." That's personally me, and might be really weird. But is just how I read things in this format. I like "the" being less significant and then letting the bold Design shine in the middle, but also drawing attention to process, which is smaller but a different color.

Prolly thinking into this too mcuh, but I like the subtlety of it.

EDIT: @Mama Nix Bruh our brainwaves are connected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1