Grace period rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by ayygurl_, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Looking at average situations instead of exceptions to set this rule is more logic imo. @Jässa is 100% right for me.

By the way guys I was wondering, why isn't there any grace period between the time the innocent kills a traitor and the moment he identifies his body? One that would "protect" the proven innocent, and not the RDM'er.

2. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I'm not talking about the average situation. What I described was what II personally experience bi-weekly, or some variation of, which means I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen at least once a day. And before you go demanding proof again, lets be slightly reasonable: Hundreds of people play on this server. I don't even play that unusually. If it happens to me that frequently, it's happening to other people as well. And if you are going to say "once a day" or even a more stringent "Once every two weeks", then there are still dozens of other situations where 3 seconds doesn't quite cut it.

And, again, let us all remember: If you didn't catch the pop up window telling you which body was ID'd, you need a line of sight to the body as well, to both verify it was ID'd and to catch the name to check. If you don't have the name of the body, you are out of luck.

What I can't see is how you can make such a simple task require such refinement, just because an incredibly small number of people will RDM in that 2 second extra window, something which is already covered by toxic gameplay rules.

I care more about making this game accessible to everyone rather than losing a few minutes of gameplay once or twice a day.

3. Juice Juice™

And let me give you another scenario in which I can assume many people who frequently AFK can appreciate: You are Alt-tabbed and watching a youtube video when you see someone get shot, right in front of you. The body is immediately ID'd, but your browser covers up the identity. The shooter then whips out a deagle, aims it at your head while walking up t oyou, and is pondering killing you bec ause you are afk! Lo and behold, you have time to pause your video, alt tab back, and shoot the guy! Exactly four seconds later, because you also took your time, assuming you would be dead well before you had the chance, you turn around and shoot them!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

Or how about if you're looking through unbreakable glass when you see someone kill another, for seemingly no reason! Someone messages you on steam so you miss the pop up, and watch as they loop around the building, and come charging at you in the exact same way the charged at their victim. Should I open the scoreboard then? Hope they don't shoot me while I do, and hope I memorized everyone who died in the meantime?

5. Apherix

Apherix VIP

I agree that the time should be reduced from five seconds, to three seconds.

Three seconds is enough time for someone to make an immediate decision to kill someone based on whatever makes them decide to kill you.

I also think the shortened time will reduce the amount of toxic player's being able to kill you within those five seconds because they know they can get away with a free RDM.

Also, within the time a person kills someone and then gets to their body, which may be far away, and finally ID's it, five seconds would be more than enough time for other playets to not overreact and start killing and is actually opening the door for toxic players to take advantage of those five seconds.

So +1 for reducing the time from five seconds to three.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1