Goodbye, Moonmen!

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Zack, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Hello, SGM.

I am going to keep this as brief as possible, so here goes another drunken ramble from ol' Rick.

My life, for the last four years by now has been less than stellar. I've suffered almost non-stop stress, a lack of work, and incredible stagnation, all of which is ultimately no one's fault other than my own. Rather than striving to change this, I've allowed my living situation to obstruct my rational thinking and confined myself to wallowing in my own failings as a person. So it was that I have spent ample time here, and elsewise on the internet trying to escape from the inevitably fast-reaching clutches of reality.

I'm sure this makes me sound a bit pathetic, and I am inclined to agree. With that said, my housing situation is, if a bit suddenly, crumbling out from beneath me, and I can't imagine how much longer I'll even have a roof over my head. It's a hard line of thought, and I have been incredibly stressed out for the last couple of weeks, so much so that the events that took place recently barely even registered in my mind. My hours have diminished from exceptional to barely, and I feel like I am wasting SGM's time, for now.

That in mind, I am going to make this my official resignation, but only until further notice. Once I can get back in to a reasonable mindset and situation, you may rest assured I will look to resume any good I've done here. I have a whole lot of love and respect for every single one of you, regardless if we've disagreed with one another, or been the best of friends.

Below is the obligatory 'People Rick loves most' section. If I don't tag you, it's because you look funny. Or, to save space.. I did mention keeping this brief, I think.

@Opalium , I have boundless adoration for the job you do here, for these people, and for the way you've always treated me like an equal despite your role in the community. There is no way to properly express my respect for you, and I know that with you as a lead, you will guide this place where it needs to be. Keep @Highwon in line, won't you? ;D

@Giraffe , my best friend, here, and increasingly more like a brother to me. I don't think I've ever been as happy with the community as I was when you came back here to support us when things got rough. You're my #1 supporting cast and you are always going to be king of the Goons.

@Graze , you suck at Terraria, but you have been a guiding light for me here at SGM, always offering an unbiased, logical opinion when I otherwise wished to think a way that might not have been optimal. You are also one of my finest friends, and another reason I will regret this resignation's necessity.

@Sith Master , I have to acknowledge you because you are my teacher. It's nice to see you back in an admin role where you clearly belong, keep bringing in new mods and teaching them all the intricate trickery you taught me early on, as it was a part of what made me excel.

@LadyLag , we don't talk a whole lot these days and that makes me a bit more sad than you know. You reawakened a side of me I thought I had lost and showed me that an old habit could still be fun when you share it with someone else with an equal passion for it.

@Hingle , for a guy I just met, you grew on me quickly. I easily consider you a fast friend, and someone I'm looking forward to getting to know more and more once things settle down. You're the only Steelers fan I've ever liked.

@Dobie , Giraffe and Graze are cool and all, but you are by very, very far my favorite staff member, and one of my favorite people. SO much good music, so many good talks, and I couldn't be more thankful for having been given a chance to know you.

@nilz , the #1 reason I have faith in so many people who are thought of as trolls. :>

@DieKasta , as a person who I see as largely similar to myself in how we carry ourselves around others and toward things, you are in fact the most awesome teammate I've gotten to work with on a squad thus far. An oldie goldie to the community, and someone I think has the capacity to make a fantastic administrator.

@Falcor , last and certainly not least, my admin. There were times you and I didn't see eye to eye on things, but I thrive on that. It enables me to ask questions and grow as a person/staff member with new insight and deeper thinking. All that philosophical crap aside, you're just damned cool and you know you are, I was grateful and honored when you willingly took me under your wing. Maybe when I return, if there's a spot open, I'll pick up where we are leaving off.

@Janppa ,@daddynexxus ,@Milo ,@Husshuss , @Mr Butters , I love all you guys too.

The rest of you tagless folks aren't beloved any less, but this is all I've got to say, and please note, I will not be leaving the community itself until I absolutely have to, so don't consider this a farewell, just a wordy resignation for the time being. Thank you all for making me feel welcome, and like I mattered to this community.

As they say in Canada.. Peace oot!

• Friendly Friendly x 46
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Hope everything works out for you Rick!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

TINY RICK PLS DONT GO:cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You're a great guy Rick.

Hope to see you back soon and I wish you all the best!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

Farvel, Rick. You were an exceptional staff member, and you will be missed dearly. Good luck with your situation. I hope it all works out for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Yo, if you find the time at some point and are willing to waste away the last of your gold to renew your WoW subscription, WE CAN GO ON A SUPER FUN AMAZING TRIP OF EXPLORATION AND WONDER... coffee grinders too!
    We could even try and recreate the immortal flying killer snail ( lol @Opalium )!

I'll do my best to keep in touch with you, but you gotta do the same. :love:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I hope all turns well for you Rick!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

I love you Rick, this really means a lot to me. Stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Take care and I hope everything turns around for you. You did very well as a mod and it was nice having you on the staff team. See you around!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I think you look funny too :c

But really take care Rick, I hope the team will still be here for you when you come back :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Farewell soldier.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

It takes an exceptional person to make the realization that they need to fix the shitty aspects of their life in order to amplify the parts they actually enjoy.

Patch up the issues that are ailing you and get back here when you can. The air will be fresher here when you do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

No tag for rest of people. Smh. Jk. Take care. It's always important to take care of personal life first before dedicating any time towards staffing so I wish you best of luck and hope you can fix your personal problems so you can return. You were an exceptional staff regardless of your short period of time you were here as moderator.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Jesus christ @Falcor the resigns are hitting you hard.

Best of luck with your personal problems and getting a house. I completely understand you resignation and I hope the best for you. You were a great moderator and I wish to see you back someday and hopefully I can get to know you a bit more.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sir Clutch

Sir Clutch they gonna talk bout me Banned VIP

take care rick, i hope everything end up working out for you. you're a great guy and you'll be missed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

It's a shame things had to end so soon Rick, you were a phenomenal staff member. Be sure to come back when you get life all sorted out!

17. Han

Han       VIP

We've disagreed on certain rules and other things, but I respect how you've been gracious and respectful to people who have different views. Take care, Rick, and I hope your situation is happily resolved so that you can return soon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

You still feel like a baby mod to me. ;-; in the best of ways. You were growing into a great moderator and ill miss you.
    When everything works out message me. :)
    I hope we still get to see you around.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I hope everythings turns out in your favor Rick. You are a great guy, and I always did and still do think highly of you, and have a lot of respect for you that I have gathered across these few months ive known you. Dont lose it, im sure you can do it. Take care my man , this is not a goodbye, but a see ya later M8!

(Rick and Qaaapa-san in one god damn day.... Could this get any worse?)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

While I don't know you very well personally I have heard nothing but good things about you. I hope that everything in your life straightens out and that you can find a steady upward path through it. Nothing but the best of wishes for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.