Good games to play as a busy person

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Logan., Feb 15, 2021.

1. Logan.

Logan. Greatest admin alive ever VIP Silver

I’m sure there is already a post about this somewhere but since I’m in college I’m looking for a game that I can play for like 30 minutes or an hour that’s fun and I don’t need to play constantly to have to enjoy it. I’m into any types of games so let me know below.

Dazza stinks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. "Smile For Me" was a interesting casual adventure game , Its a short game so it might fit the description

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can also mod the other games you have , Im still playing L4D2 cause there's so many mods and maps

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The resident evil games.

Resident Evil 1, Remake - The game is good for making incremental progress, as every little step feels like an accomplishment. Saving isn't as fluid.
    Resident Evil 2, Remake - The game can be beaten in like 2 hours if you move speedy quick. First playthrough though will take like 4 hours. The game allows saving at your leisure, so long as you are near a safe room.
    Resident evil 4 - I haven't beaten it yet, but it is probably one of my favorite games. I legit can't think of a game that has been more exhilerating. I have been playing in bite sized increments (30 minutes to an hour or so).
    Resident evil 7 - Honestly, just a good game in general. Little slow at first, but the game picks up and is good for playing in short increments.

From there? I'd just recommend the following singleplayer games:
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Half life 1, 2, ep 1 and ep 2
    Dishonored
    Dishonored 2

From one college student to the other, god bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

TTT
    • obviously, if you don't play on vanilla lul

Mordhau
    • A game with quite the depth, and while you wouldn't be able to fit a whole match in during 30 mins, there are duel servers out there where you just 1v1 people and then people will organize 3v3 skirmishes and so on, all within the same map. I do that when I don't have time for a full match say before I gotta go to work or something. Join and leave as you go, duel servers will never die so as long as that game is alive.

Animal Crossing
    • If you have a switch and somehow haven't played this it's literal serotonin in your hands and the perfect game for small sessions. You can play 15-30 mins every day and feel satisfied with it. I wasn't that interested in it until my girlfriend convinced me, and despite it not being my type of game it's very chill and relaxing to just unwind and distract yourself too.

CSGO and Valorant
    • they deathmatch, not too bad I guess
    Battlefront 2 2017
    • There are smaller game modes that don't host 40 man servers, they are quick-paced and very intense considering how short the games are. The game has recently had another revival so now would be a good time to hop back in.
    I'll exclude singleplayer games as you can always just hop into one of those. Although valheim has a lot of hpye around it right now, might be worth checking out for 20 bucks

7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I'd have to agree with this, small learning curve at first but even if you don't get real good at the game you can still fuck around and enjoy it

8. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

Hearthstone

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Slay the Spire is a good on the go game, as you can save and exit anytime during a run, there are tons of hours of gameplay, and you can just play it at your own pace.

10. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

NieR: Automata - an amazing RPG with a knife amazing story, numerous endings, and a great soundtrack. Playing this game in small increments is great because every part is a refreshing and always leaves you surprised.

Minecraft - duh

Teamfight Tactics (or some other auto chess game)”

Rhythm games (osu. Geometry dash, etc)

portal 2

11. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I played this game called "Viridi" back in 2016 where you just grew some plants. Could be a nice, relaxing game that you could make progress on with each session.

"Trapper's Delight" is a fun one. You could probably get a few sessions in with your friends in your with your tight schedule.

12. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

13. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Play battlefield. Good games

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

OH BOY ANOTHER CHANCE TO TELL PEOPLE TO PLAY ORI CANT MISS OUT ON THIS OPPORTUNITY

game can be picked and played basically anywhere due to the save system (manual save anytime for 1st, auto save for 2nd) and take 12-20 hours to finish. Good game to suck away your worries for an hour

uh battlefront 2 is pretty good as well

15. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Town of Salem is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Stardew Valley, Cities Skylines, S.T.A.L.K.E.R

17. Rebel Inc: Escalation

Kinda similar to plague inc ( made by the same people )
    Description: A unique and deeply engaging political/military strategic simulation from the creator of Plague Inc. Balance competing civilian and military priorities and deal with a deadly insurgency in order to stabilise a war-torn country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. capri sun

capri sun VIP

Slime Rancher - Relaxing game that you can just kinda drop and pick up whenever, all you mostly do is explore an alien planet, making a farm of different slimes and various plants

Hotline Miami 1+2 - ...It'll probably piss you off in less than an hour, or give you motion sickness with some of those levels

Superhot - Simple... puzzle? fps where time moves faster as you move around, helped me relax a lot during some exams

And if you're able to pick up a guitar, Guitar Hero or Rock Band (or Clone Hero), fun game to just quickly boot, play a few songs and switch off

19. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

I've been vibing recently in clone hero with just my keyboard (trying to get a guitar right now), great way to relax

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

Nuclear throne can be beaten in like 10 minutes and can be paused and alt tabbed out of to be continued any time. One of my top 3 games for only 10$. It's a top down rogue-lite that takes fast reaction speed and repeated gameplay to master it.

Dead Cells can take an hour for some runs but it can be paused and exited and continued later, very nice feature but not as good as the gameplay and music. This one's more popular so you probably know what it is, but if not it's a rogue-lite platformer that could be described as a more fluent hollow knight with a large focus on customization and synergetic loadouts.

Streets of Rogue is another rogue-lite that's slower pace but can be paused and continued at any time. Every level is a different layer of a town where you gotta decide on what you want to complete without taking too much damage as it can be difficult to regen.