Gone Away

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by GRYPHN, Mar 15, 2018.

1. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Hello SGM Community
    This post marks my official resignation as a moderator in the community, hopefully just for the time being.
    From November to March my life changed a whole lot: Work, School, Relationships with friends and family, Health, etc. It's all been rather difficult for me to actually cope with and find an urge to get cracking on the servers. To save those who don't really care time, You can look at the Green text for the most important stuff
    Work - For those of you that don't know, I work at a daycare, I have been working there for around 5 months. I just recently gained a new position on top of my prior one, So Now I was a "teacher" and security guard. I work only 2-4 hours a day, but within those few hours, It feels like my old jobs where I worked 8-12 hour shifts. I would come home from work and relax, sit at my computer looking at the servers, and telling myself I needed the hours but lacking the urge due to the head aches I had. Some understand where I'm coming from dealing with 48 kids and then getting on a server with 30 players, Most with at least a few just there to troll.

School - Mainly with school Its just a time consumer for me. This will make me sound rather cocky, but I'm passing almost all of my classes and sit in almost all of my classes with headphones in and my phone on. I chose classes to challenge me and they really fail to, Its upsetting as I spend 7/8 hours of my day there.

Relationships - I have had multiple falling outs with friends over the last year, from my best friend to my own family members that I used to talk to constantly and were close enough with to consider friends. I'd make plans and every single time they'd fall through, I'd address the situation, and it was fixed for awhile. Around 4 months ago the issue arose again, I had a difficult time coping with the idea of my friends not caring enough to stick to the plan, They'd outright lie to me about being busy with family stuff just to be seen later with friends. So I started to push away from friends and found solace in a few people in SGM, To those people, you know who you are, Thank you. I still haven't entirely gotten used to that sort of stuff, I felt a lack of a passion to do stuff.

Health - I have had reoccuring issues with my health that I really should have checked out. To give an example my body has been rejecting just about every meal I'd try to eat, Over the last week and a half its gotten better but for the lost part it was a struggle and because of my lack of food, I lacked energy. Also, Family health issues have been rising that I'd rather not get into.

ETC: I have been staff for this community, for around a year in total, I honestly love SGM, and the day I leave it for good will be a sad one. I have no intention of leaving the community anytime soon, But I've had a growing issue with time management and having that drive to acheieve greatness on the servers. Hopefully sooner or later, I'll be back to being good old Gimc who had a drive and passion for staffing, regardless of what was going on.

I would like to appreciate a few of the people in the staff team at this point as They've helped make the days more enjoyable lately, and hopefully will continue to do so:
    @Aria - I'm glad were close, If it wasn't for you, a lot of the following tags probably wouldn't be on this list, I probably wouldn't even know most of them. I appreciate everything you've done for me, If you ever need anything, I'm still here.

@Katness @mysteriousglitch - The amount of inside jokes that will stay out of this thread are great. I'm glad I have the two of you to talk to and pass time by with. Katness, You'll be tagged again when I tag the team, So The rest is for Uncle Jeff. Mysterious, You're a great guy, Although most of our conversations are either weird or educational as all hell, I still enjoy them and hope they continue.

@ptownslayer21 @LionBattery - You've flown pretty damn close to the top of this list as I think we've gotten a lot closer over the last few weeks. We've played PUBG, (Ptown) You've made me get into Logic, You're both amazing people I'm glad to consider friends.. I hope we'll still talk.

@Destiny Blade Scotty, I don't know how to put it into words, but I'm really happy we're talking again, you're a great person. I hope we continue to talk.

@HelixSpiral @Graze @DieKasta @Opalium - I know the 4 of you have a lot of people to watch over, and are likely tagged in most staff resignations.. But I want to thank all of you for the amount of work you've put into the community.
    Helix - You moved up there rather fast. I'm still kind of salty for the griefing warning in MC, But after all Gimc does stand for Griefing in Minecraft (Current Day: Get in my car @luna♥)
    Diekasta - We should play pubg or something of that sort one of these days. I'm always willing to join if I'm free and not in pain with a head ache. I miss the MC days with our house and the many wars we had inside it..
    @Graze - I'm glad we've talked here and there this year and would love to have our friendship back up and strong again, If you ever want to play, give me a holler.
    @Opalium - I want to personally thank you again for the amount of work you've thrown into the community. The amount of change I've seen since the day You got lead to today is surprising. Things that players wished for that they didn't expect for a long while we're done, Keep up the great work.

Now for my team: ​

[​IMG]
    @Grimoire+ - I know you will deny it, but I want to personally apologize for the amount of trouble I have put you through keeping me on the team as I struggled with my hours. You've been a hell of an admin and I'm glad I was able to see you in the works, as my higher up. Treat Paci, Husky, Katness, and whoever else you decide to grab just as you have. I hope we continue to talk, I still want to get into that discord call eventually.

@Katness - I tag you first after Grim since you've gotten decently close with me over the last few weeks/months. I'm happy I decided to join Wink, Chris, and You in Civ 5 for the short amount of time I did. Alongside being able to say I trained you even though it was just a few minutes.

@Pacifist - You're a great staff member, I see you going somewhere some day. I'm pretty disappointed we don't talk as much as we have in the past, Hopefully that could change over time.

@Husky - We used to be close, around a year or so ago, I miss those times.. We should try to talk more, Maybe I can disappoint a few people and convert to Fortnite and join you one of these times.

And, Finally, Following the theme of all my old resignations/Farewells, I'll thank all my ex admins:
    @Chris @Agent A - Although my time on your teams were short, I'd still like to thank you for the time you watched over me. Chris, When the time comes around, I will become better than you at Civ and will win. Agent, I've known you for quiet some time, and you completely deserve to be an admin, You would wrangle every forum report, comment on each ban appeal, you were the ideal mod, you still tend to do this as an admin, you're like the most active admin I've ever seen... Keep up the good work.

@forcie - This current run wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for you, Thanks for picking me up.

@Steve @Womp - You guys were amazing admins to me, although you won't see this I'm thankful that I was under your wings. I considered both of you friends, and pretty close ones at that. Its ashame I don't even talk to you anymore.

@Shadow @Sinz @Kyogre - Shadow being my actual admin, Sinz being my main trainer (Practically my admin), and Kyogre being the one to give me that extra push, although its been like 2 years, Thank you. I wouldn't have been able to do any of the stuff I've done without the push I was given.

As far as tags go I am done, There are millions of people I would tag If I didn't feel like its unneeded to mention everyone. As far as my shop and giveaway go, they will remain open. I have tried endless amounts of ideas to try to keep the spark going but It seems at this time its dwindling quickly. I'm not happy with the result of my life being too conflicting for me to be able to carry my hours, but Its better for someone else to come along and take my spot whose more available.

I'm thankful that I found SGM in the first place, It served as a great place to relax and take off stress when I needed it the most, I had dark times when I found these servers, and without this community, I don't know If I ever would've gotten out of them. So for those of you I've spoken to over the years, From 2015 to 2018, Thank you, I really appreciate all that you've done for me without even knowing what you've done.

Thanks for reading, I'll see you around.

• Friendly Friendly x 28
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Im really not sure on how to put this in words either. Best thing I can think of is Farewell and you can always reach me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You are definitely exactly what I would classify as a true friend. Honestly whenever you come around I can tell you are 100% ready to listen to people and be chill af. Sure, we don't talk as much as we used to but that is just because we are both busy. I was hoping that things could have worked out differently where we could have talked more but whatever. Shit happens eh?

Seeya later alligator, i'll probably be here when you return hehe

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Aria

Aria Working on myself for awhile VIP

Im going to miss you buddy. You are an awesome friend! Lets definitely keep in touch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

well, you were a great mod gimc. sucks to see you go here, but life takes priority. I wish you luck with everything

See you around,
    ~Linux User of Northern Arizona

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I’ve only known you for some time, you’re a really cool person inside and out. It really sucks to see you leave the staff team, you’re a great person. Hopefully one day when we’re older we can meet up irl once we both graduate heh. In the meantime, I will see you around.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Don't be a stranger, my dude.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Not even a mention huh? Dang.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

I am always here with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

You're leaving us Gimc? That's sad. You barely got to train me. Ill always remember RDMing you in our short session (accidentally of course ;))

I wish you luck in the future, and hope to see you around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Damn, you were my favorite mod. If it weren’t for you, I would have lost my mind because of some stressful things. Thank you for being here and I hope for the best to come to you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I hate writing in farewells and making one myself. I like to think that resigning from the staff team doesn't mean that anything would change and relationships would change because of that sort of thing. However, on my 4th tenure and on-off times over the last 4 years, I know very well that's true at all. I've lost touch with friends along the way and made new ones, but even so, I think we don't look back at those times with pity and cherish them. I still believe that care is the only necessity to friendship and my only regret is that I didn't get to know you better and you put your last post as staff a good bye.

Maybe it'll be different when you reapply in 0.0000000000000000000003 day(s) from now ;).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

It's weird from my eyes since I haven't spent too much time with you at all. Just wanted to say that you've been an awesome person, and I hope everything turns out well for you. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your friends, but I know you'll end up making some more as time goes by. I can't do a whole lot for you, and it's probably best if you don't take my terrible advice, but I'll be here if there's anything I can do. Take care, person c:
    I tried hitting the "reply" button, and I can't enter more than 10000 characters, rip

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Where's my tag you crusty sock. But yea dude life before games,you would have been a good member of the gentlemens club too bad they did away with that idea.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

I love you bro so much. Thanks to @Aria i wouldnt have met the cool dude that you are. its sad to see you go but ik that ill see you around and we will play together. Logic is one of the greatest #RATTPACK #301 im just kidding...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

:cry: There goes a great signature maker. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

No tag no love ;-;
    Take care of yourself :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You're a great guy Gimc, best of luck in the cold, dark world out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

The shop will stay open, No worries

20. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey,

You take care Gimc. :) I'm sure we'll see you back on the team some day in the future.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1