Go back to utilizing shoutbox bans

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pacifist, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I have two possible suggestions:
    1. Go back to banning people on shoutbox only
    2. Modify Shoutbox Offenses in the warning points section to apply more gradually. I'll explain further in the spoiler:
    Modify shoutbox offenses, or the protocol for them, to make it so less points are handed out over time. Thus, people aren't getting banned until they've committed a great deal of shout box offenses.

Why?
    1. Shoutbox offenses are usually very minor, and shouldn't be used to block somebody from the entire forums.
    2. We already have methods that exist that could just get somebody out of shout box already.
    3. Shoutbox has unique rules that apply only to shoutbox. Breaking them shouldn't mean a ban from the entire forums.
    4. We could actually appeal the bans publicly instead of letting staff hide from accountability through DMs.

Basically, can we fucking stop banning people from the entire forums for a ridiculous amount of time simply because they did something silly in shoutbox? (btw, a shoutbox ban would also mean a discord ban.)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

damn, i was too late on correcting your spelling but here's what i was gonna do
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

+1

5. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

-1 i like to trigger people and this just hurts my cause

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1 actually i just read the original post. did not read it before i -1'd

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2