Rejected Go Back To The Old Map Change System

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Aarow, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

knowing that my vote for a slightly less popular map meant nothing wasnt exactly encouraging..
    ..and now i'm sometimes surprised by the map choice, usually just another high played map, but it's a welcome change for there to be an actual chance of a different map

2. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Well to combat what you are saying.. You can simply just have it mute everyone when the voting starts so no one can type in chat or speak. Problem solved. -1 for this idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

Yeah fuck the new map system. Bring back my votes, damn it!

Democracy.

4. -1

The only problem I have with the map system as it stands is that if an underplayed map wins it tends to get !rtv'd until everyone gets tired and just votes like, 67th

5. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Agreed ^, something that could be done is a revamp of our current one, when a map is played it should lock it, like it does now, but it keeps locking maps until like half of the map vote grid is locked, so it forces you to play other maps, so people can't just go to dolls or again, 67th, every other map

6. I'd be down for that. Last night there was a period on West 2 iirc where we went to like five different maps, each one of which got rtv'd at the bare minimum amount of time, until we just ended up in dolls for the full round limit

Edit: misremembered, there was a lot of rtv'd maps, but not back to back

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. Aarow

Aarow VIP

That happens at the same rate as the old system lol

8. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Rivercliff is not an overdone map lol

This picture proves the old system worked. The other 3 maps voted on were all overdone, but the medium-rare map won.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I was really confused upon returning to the votes being invisible, but I actually like it. It feels more like I can choose whatever and there's a decent chance, rather than choosing between the two most voted maps.
    Yes, some people try to call for a map to be chosen. That has been the situation since.. always? That's fine and if it sways someone, that's fair.

But at least now, since you don't know how many people chose a given map, you can place your bet (and vote) on the map YOU want to play. 'cause there's a chance, even if small, that you'll beat the odds and win the vote.

Rollback to previous system wouldn't satisfy anyone. A complete revamp (e.g. making it RNG, based on votes) would be better than just returning to the other method. Status quo or something new, no take-backsies.

10. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I am neutral with this, I like the new and old voting system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.