Rejected Go Back To The Old Map Change System

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Aarow, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aarow

Aarow VIP

I get why they changed it so you can't see the votes, but the change has proven ineffective (as I had believed it would). They said it was so people couldn't control the map change by speaking in their mics and saying one map, but that still happens. I think the mistake the staff made was thinking that it was a sense of peer pressure, instead of mob mentality/crowd thinking. Seeing the number of votes wasn't the problem, it was always simply how humans function that was: you want to be part of the tribe, and go along with what the tribe does.

In fact, seeing the number of votes provided a check and balance against this. Another outspoken player could suggest a different map, and/or the quiet majority could combat the wanted map effectively by seeing how many votes they needed to win their own map. It's like you're still running, except now it's in a pitch black room.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 i like the new voting system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Aarow

Aarow VIP

But why? It's the same exact thing except you're blind now

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Idk, its more random!

5. Aarow

Aarow VIP

But it's not, which is my complaint. For the past 4 maps, we've gone to what the person on the mic wanted to go to.

6. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

-1 metropolis always wins because of anounymous voice system... and Me spamming chat (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Nah. -1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Ever since the new voting system I see a lot more variety in maps. We get the normal rotation of Dolls, Innocent Motel, and add every generic map everyone says they are tired of but still continue to play, but then we are getting new maps being picked. Just the other day I had Chaser go into I wanna say it was Rooftops. The new voting system works.

-1 man.

9. Smor

Smor VIP

-1 works just fine for me. All I have to do is say Lifetheroof/innomotel/communitypool/dolls/67thway into the mic and the map gets picked [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I mean...
    [​IMG]

This system definitely works better than the old one.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

+1 never liked the new system

12. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

+1

13. The last change with that was ok I see more often maps that were underplayed

Big -1

14. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

-1 the current system makes things more anonymous for map votes which is nice.

Opal also extended all maps that were played to be a bit longer (iirc). Meaning there is much more map variety

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

-1 i have played more often on maps that haven't been played/aren't played when i'm online for a long period.

Shows that people like difference sometimes. But when a group is voting it is hard to vote on something else alone so people take a choice between the 2 highest vote ratings.

16. jshore

jshore VIP

-1 really doesn't matter if I can still spam in mic which map to pick and everyone blindly follows

17. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Frankly, I have to say +1 here.

Personally, I have not seen a lot more variety than before. If anything, I think Ive seen dolls and inno motel and the other overplayed maps more than ever, and my favorite maps, ones that are less popular, I dont think Ive seen more than once or twice. The way it was before, I threw my vote on a map thats not played much, and people saw that there were 4 votes for it, and piled their own votes on. Now everyone just votes for what they want, and since the overplayed maps are more popular, they almost always get more votes than anything else.

Plus there are people who spam their mic and basically get to choose the map. Since I dont use my mic in game, its impossible for me to have any influence over the map change at all. My votes in an underplayed map mean nothing if someone is spamming inno motel over mic, where before at least people could see some votes in a random place and help get away from the overplayed ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. jshore

jshore VIP

Going back wouldn't fix this issue. The only way to fix this issue is to not have a giant map pool to choose from. If we had only 5 maps to choose from in the vote then there would be more variety.

19. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

+1 this.

It's never been about the variety of maps, it's all about the quality. Most of the maps just aren't fun to play. Votes being anonymous or not, doesn't matter, we'll always pick the same maps anyway.

20. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

+1
    I feel that the way map votes was looked at was wrong. You can't say that it always was because of people jumping on with what others voted that resulted in a lot of maps being played a lot. It may be because the maps are just better than others which causes them to stand out. If you want more rotation in the maps get more maps that people want to play and it wouldn't be a problem. And as other said if you need proof of that people following others wasn't the problem then you can just see that the map rotation didnt really change that much after the change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.