!ghost or !redie?

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Icey™, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

Maybe this could be only for donors, but there should REALLY be a feature where you can spawn in as a ghost player after you die and play the map but not be able to complete it or interact/ activate traps. There are times where I miss the first jump on maps like Pains Facility or Atomic Warfare, and I really wish I didn't have to sit there for the 2-4 minutes it takes for someone to beat the map or the deaths to kill everyone. I really hope some of the higher up staff positions read this and take this into consideration.

https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/769 - It may cost one dollar but the satisfaction is worth it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

I like this idea because I love going in ghostmode and practicing the map.
    Although.. there are some bugs/glitches that could potentially be "game-breaking"
    There's a glitch where you can beat the map as a ghost, if you do a certain something.. Which, could be really annoying.
    I was on a server where you could no-clip as a ghost, and people kept beating the map in 2 seconds since they could.
    There's also another glitch where you can interact with traps as a ghost aswell... which, again, could be really annoying :/

ALSO on some maps, you fall through the world as a ghost since the map isn't generally made for ghost mode

Besides that, I would like it... Maybe Chai could fix up some of the code so that it's not possible to do all of that.
    If so, I'll be giving this a big ol' +1 :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

Hmm, yeah, if there were a way to fix it like you said I think people would enjoy it, I heard someone on the server today complaining about dying early and having to sit around. I know I would enjoy this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Valedict

Valedict VIP

Wouldn't this be similar to Ghost DM on TTT, with it causing lag to the servers?

Not trying to shut down the idea, just a thought and wondering if anyone knew the answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. PixeL

I've seen ghostmode on TTT, not our TTT but others..
    It shouldn't lag the server at all...?
    Maybe Chai broke something xD

6. Valedict

Valedict VIP

One of the main reasons we don't have spectator DM on our TTT servers, is because it puts strain on the servers and causes lag. This has been stated many times on suggestions for a DM. I don't know if you've seen it before or not.

I was just stating this because I thought it might have the same effect, but I'm not going to say much else as I don't know how much strain a Deathrun server can take, or if it might not lag as much or at all due to the lack of guns being in Deathrun.
    Maybe Highwon could shed some light onto this suggestion.

7. PixeL

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from.
    When the achieve system was first added to DR, it was so much lag.. but then they removed it and fixed it :p
    I bet Chai could do the same for Spectator DM and Ghost (hopefully)
    I think we should give it a try just to see if it actually lags the server at all

8. Valedict

Valedict VIP

Honestly, I agree. Chai could make a test server with this feature and get volunteers, similar to the achievements feature, and see how well that fares.

We just have to be patient, and see what comes out of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

+1. Would love to have something to do when I'm dead instead of getting bored of sitting there.

11. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

This is something I would like to do in the future.

Good suggestion.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I won't death avoid/afk anymore ;) lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

maybe i can be good at deathrun

+1 plz

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

Arizard (gamemode developer) added support for this ghost mode to the gamemode itself August 2015. It should be as easy as a ftp transfer.
    (Source)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Dunkel

Dunkel Member

I have a death run gamemode that incorporates ghost mode as an equipable on death. I would like to talk to highwon about running this on the server, but I haven't heard back yet.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  16. morfin

morfin Member

Same issues with ghost mode in Deathrun as in Ghost DM for TTT - you gonna fall trough some entities, basically i think walking trought that entities was done for specific purposes - so you can run on map without any obstacles like doors etc. I am not sure can you blacklist some entities to avoid falling trought them. But TTT ghost DM has even more problems which require fixing:
    1. First is you fall trought traps like on bowling as i said before.
    2. You can abuse tester as dead T an screw up testing results(since tester code do not check if you were moved to ghosts team it consider you as alive T).
    3. Dead player names are visible sometimes(you can even KOS ghost as alive one).
    4. It can cause some problems like lags.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016