Other Gaming Table

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Wojack, May 24, 2020.

1. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

So my best friend and I are starting to build a gaming table for dnd and whatever other tabletop games and I figured I'd share our progress with everyone on here.

So far we haven't started anything, we're taking measurements tomorrow and are probably gonna go buy some shit for it but here's the design we're going for:

[​IMG]

We're not gonna put the cupholders in or anything, but we are going to have a cage for the TV to sit in with a cover for it.

• Creative Creative x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

I would love to do this for my campaign. Even if the cost was high. This looks amazing. Too bad we are long distance right now. Literally spread to the four corners of the country

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

This would be dope to play D&D on gnl Good Luck Klutch - Im hoping to see the final result when you are finished

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Wojack

Have you been using roll20 since you're all long distance? That's what my group has been doing because of quarantine and tbh it's acceptable but playing in person is unbeatable

We're going out in just a few to buy some stuff, I'll post progress pics of it, I'm super hyped!

5. Wojack

So here’s some pics from day 1! We built the frame that the TV sits in, next step is to build the outer area around it. Took us about 6 hours and two home depot trips because there is quite a bit of trial and error, but I'm pretty proud of what we have so far.

IMG_3120.jpg IMG_3122.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Creative Creative x 2
  6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Pictures don't work

7. Wojack

Should be fixed

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Wojack

Day 2 and 3 pics!

I got off work yesterday to find that my friend had built the frame around the cage for the TV with his dad, but we put the outer frames up and the legs on between yesterday and today. SO MUCH TRIAL AND ERROR, we were pretty pissed tonight but we're so happy with what we have. Now we just have to sand and paint everything this weekend!

table1.JPG table2.jpg table3.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

you’re gonna have to take the legs off to get it out of the workshop, aren't you :)

10. Wojack

The beautiful thing is they're removable!

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Wojack

Day 4 pics!

Our first layer of wood stain has been put on, and honestly I love how it looks. There's some spots on the top where the wood just didnt want to absorb the stain, but it's cool bc we're gonna put foam on the inside (so rolling dice on it isn't loud and doesn't fuck up the table at all), so nobody will really even know about the spots except for us. We're also gonna stain the inside of the cage for the TV.
    table.jpg table1.jpg

12. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

It's not a real gaming table if there's no individually addressable RGB lighting

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Wojack

Lmao we might throw some electronics on it in the future, but rn we're keeping it simple. We did discuss the possibility of throwing some cool stuff in it at some point tho hehe

14. Wojack

ITS DONE!!!!!!!! We're still gonna add some stuff on as time goes on, but we're using it tonight. Finished it a couple days ago by putting the foam in the middle of it with another coat of stain. I'll post more pics in the future as we add stuff, but it's gonna be a lot less frequently

table.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dodley27

Ok but what about the individually addressable RGB lighting?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

17. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

poggers

18. Any chance that you have schematics or sketches you'd be willing to share? I'd love to build something like this for me and some friends

19. Dodley27

Where's the RGB

20. Zareaper

Zareaper Lord of the underworld VIP

NEEDS MORE COLOR lol maybe speakers too if your feeling lucky