Gaming PC Build For Destiny

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Scotty, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Hey Guys
    So like most other threads that I've looked at, I'm wanting to build a gaming PC. But just like all the others have a budget. My budget will be $1,200 dollars. Now for most they tell you how much they want to spend on each part, i'm gonna let you guys go after it and tell me what you think.
    There are really no specifics that I would be looking for, the only true things I want out of this build are to be able to run higher graphics games and have them run smooth.

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

is a 256 gb ssd srsly all you have? :eek:

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

So there's a reason for that.

I plan on getting a Macbook at the same time (this one: link)

I plan on getting a 10k RPM external 2TB external to store games I don't play as often/majority of my storage and to be able to quickly share files between my Windows PC and my Macbook. I already had mentioned to Scotty on TS that this is one limitation I had in my build lol.

5. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Is it mainly for gaming? Then an intel processor would be good. If you do a lot of rendering and other multimedia tasking, go with Ryzen. Are you planing to overclock anything? What color theme do you like? Would you rather have a cooler pc over a silent one.

6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

2K/4K gaming or just good ol' 1080p? Are you gonna run at 120FPS or good ol' 60FPS? Do you plan on doing any workstation-related activities such as video/graphics processing, transcoding, etc?

Edit: What games? What would you think is the most graphics-intensive game you plan on playing?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne "Get some rest Pam ... you look tired" VIP

@Destiny Blade
    Just spend the whole $1200 on an amazing mic because your mic still be sounding like your using the refurbished rock band 2 mic from best buy's display back in 2008... and then you dropped it inside a ziplock bag and threw it in a toilet... while flushing it numerous times and shouting as loud as you can into the toilet as it is choking on your refurbished mic calling out "KoS Blfejwosnfnrj hakvnhejs x ! ? !"

Just my recommendation:)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

/r/buildapcforme

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Scotty

Mix of both honestly. I'm gonna be running games such as Players Unknown and Neir. But I will also be running my Audacity music program and video editing program as well.

We are going good ol' 1080p and I would like 120 but 60 is suffice. Not that I am aware of at the moment but if I could plan for it in the future and be with in my budget then it would be a bonus.

I found my headset today. And my rockband mic is put away now. Surprisingly it stayed dry in the Ziploc bag. Thanks fam. :p You should come hear it sometime.

I will look into this. Thanks for the start already.

11. Daddy Nexxus

BTW, my build could be probably $1-200 cheaper. I just put a bunch of RGB stuff in it, lmfao.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Hey I can try making out something for ya', could you answers some questions for me though?

-

What's the most graphical demanding game you plan on playing? PUBG?
    Do you need a CD/DVD Player?
    Do you use WiFi or Ethernet?
    Do you care about the aesthetics of your PC? If so, what colour would you like it to be?
    Do you need a keyboard/mouse/headset/screen?
    Do you mind watercooling? (It can leak sometimes but it's rare I believe.)
    Do you plan on upgrading your PC as the time goes?
    How many GB would you like in your SSD?

I hope you didn't already answer these questions on a previous post (I already had to remove some questions), if so, sorry!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  13. SmokePurrp

SmokePurrp Supporter

yuh

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  14. Scotty

I'll reanswer them anywaays just in case for other people.
    Something higher that. I plan on playing a lot more games than I do currently.
    No I would not.
    WiFi at the moment but Ethernet may be a possibility in the future.
    I would care less about aesthetics of the PC, But if i had to have a color for it I would go with a nice green.
    Got all of those already thankfully.
    Watercooling I wouldn't mind but I dont have it doesnt make that much of a difference.
    As far as upgrading over time, I would like too but dont see it until a year or two down the road after I get this complete.
    No preference but I dont wanna get the super low stuff and have to upgrade within months of the build itself.

15. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

for that small of storage I would rather change it to a harddrive like 2-3 tb. My opinion

• Old Old x 1
  16. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Actually how are you planning on getting a Windows Licence, do you take the 99 dollars "official" one, get it on another website or maybe don't even get one?

Anyway, here's what I would suggest:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)

If you will be mostly gaming, this CPU will do just fine, it should even handle some video rendering actually.

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)

The classic choice for a CPU Cooler. Be sure to get an AM4 upgrade kit to mount it though:
    http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php

Feel free to keep the Stock Cooler, I heard it's not that bad. It really depends on if you want to overclock your CPU or not I guess. You should check that video:

Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($93.98 @ Newegg)

Simple looking motherboard that will get the job done. It does not "support" WiFi but you can get one of these PCI-Express WiFi cards, here's a cheap one from Gigabyte:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

Memory: Kingston - FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($75.88 @ OutletPC)

I think 8GB of RAM should be enough, but I'm really not sure on this one.
    If you plan on doing a lot of multitasking, or you care about the future-proof aspect of your computer, go ahead and take a 2x8GB kit.

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.64 @ OutletPC)

Classic choice.

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.89 @ OutletPC)

2TB because it's pretty cheap.

Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card

The 1060 will run every game that you throw at it in 1080p at more than 60fps in Ultra/Hard settings, it even performs decently in 1440p.
    By the way why do you want 120fps on the games that you play, do you have a 120/144hz monitor?
    Oh and, it's Gigabyte, that's why I choosed it.

Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.98 @ Newegg)

Newer version of one of the dopest Cases ever created, I mean fuck, it's Phanteks.
    They include a LED Strip with it that has multiple colors including green, along with a little light at the front (I believe the LED and front colors are synchronized but I might be wrong).

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.98 @ Newegg)

Newer version of one of the best (again) PSU's ever created, just like the previous model it's built by Super Flower, wich are known for making high quality PSU's.
    Also 550W lets a bit of headroom for futur upgrades.

Total: $746.12 (without GPU)
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-29 04:50 EDT-0400

Here are a few things I want to add though. As you can see the GPU pricing is not available because Merchants don't have it in stock anymore due to people recently buying a lot of GPU's to mine Ethereum and other digital money.

That is also why GPU's prices are going up, though I think it's coming back down now, feel free to do some researches on whether or not you should wait a bit before building your PC.

You can find though some 1060's being sold by some random shops on Amazon, or you can also wait for Newegg (cheaper) to get some back in stock.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  17. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

Hey, I've been thinking about getting a pc soon too. ( When I get a job that is, in years kms) I found this "company" So far all I've read are good reviews. GREAT service, they have multiple plans that are great like if a new part comes out you can switch it in your rig for free by sending them the pc and stuff. They have three sized towers. Really good stuff. (CUSTOM PAINT JOBS, COMES WITH A LED RGB REMOTE) https://www.originpc.com/ [Gawd is this advertising, "against the rules advertising?"]

( PCs from here are a bit more expensive d:

( These are pre-builts heh sorry. But you can always reassemble it ;)