Gaming Headphones?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The Trashman, Jan 20, 2019.

1. The Trashman

The Trashman Member

Does anybody have opinions on the best gaming headset with a mic if possible? I've looked around and a lot of websites recommend one, but then the reviews don't quite match the websites statements. Not really worried about the price but I need a new set any recommendations would be appreciated!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I used to have the Astro A40 gaming headset. There's A50's that are wireless.

Now I have Audio Technica M50X with a Modmic 5. They're a similar price to other gaming headsets and allow for a mic upgrade later.

3. The Trashman

The Trashman Member

How long have you had them and has anything broke on em?

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Both sets worked great and nothing broke.

5. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

I'm using Logitech G430 for 2nd time now.
    I mostly use it due to usb, so I can use it for PS4 aswell as PC.
    Never had any complain about it or any problems.

6. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I personally use the HyperX Cloud 2s, but I would recommend a solution similar to MangoTango's. Gaming headset's are absolutely awful in comparison to any "real" audio solution. For a very similar price of many gaming headsets, you can pick up a real headset + the modmic, or really any cheap $15 desk mic will work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Trashman

The Trashman Member

I have a desk mic with a great pair of sony studio headphones, but they are my brothers and was looking for a set to replace both but its obvious that it would be hard to get quality. I'll probably just stick with the desk mic and just get a good pair of headphones for now.
    Garry's mod doesn't like to pick up my desk mic though more than likely why I dont talk in the servers

8. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I use the Razer Kraken 7.1 surround sound headset. Its wired but I had it for over 2 years now. 100 bucks and I only had a few issues with it but I got it fixed, always usually ended up being settings problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

That headset last for a good while too.

10. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I've had the arctics 5 for over a year now and it's still pretty good. The sound is good and the mic quality is pretty clear.

My only complaint is that the headset has two wires that plug into each other. The USB to a knob that balances sound between discord and games, and then that connects to the headset. The wire from my computer to the knob lost whatever was keeping it in place so I had to tape it. Still works perfectly fine but that was kinda annoying. Another this is that if you move, you can sometimes accidentally turn your knob and adjust your sound mid game. I don't know if you can disable the knob in settings but I do that every once in a while.

11. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Used to have a pair of Arctis 7s (the wireless version), same quality as the 5 but volume wheel is on the headset itself. Battery life was surprisingly long and you could still use it while charging so that's always good.

I go through headsets like once a year so yeah I managed to break them but if you're careful at all, shouldn't have an issue

12. Phillisss

Phillisss Banned

I've had a few headsets so far including the Logitech 430s, ATH M50x, ATH M50xBTH, and the Corsair HS70s. So far my favorite mix has been the ATH M50x and a Yeti mic. Good sound quality from the mic and the headphones. If you get the combo on sale its around $200 total. Otherwise go with something like the HS70s for Hyper Clouds.

13. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I love my Astro A-40s

• Like Like x 1
  14. audrey

audrey batty VIP

I haven't used them yet myself, but as of right now I am eyeing the Massdrop HD6XXs which are a relatively cheap (relative to the earlier price of the HD650s lol) variant of the HD650s, one of the best headphones ever made. As well, to give them a mic, the Antlion Audio ModMic 5, which sounds absolutely incredible. These two together are pretty expensive, but hey, it's something.

15. veL

veL VIP

Been using the same HyperX Cloud headset since 2015 and they're still good as new, nothing broken yet. And they're not expensive.

16. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hyper X Cloud 2 is really good. Had the stinger but they broke, and they, for free, upgraded me to Cloud 2. They sound awesome.

17. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I guess I should mention that I'm using a pair of Sennheiser 598SR's with a Logitech c270 webcam for a mic :cool:

18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Corsair wireless non void are good. I know 2 people who use em, and I'm on an older corsair wireless model I'll use until they stop working as its discontinued.

19. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

Can never go wrong with Logitech imo

20. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

G430 is a personal favorite. Can't go wrong with it. I like it because the wire isn't the plastic rubber covering which gets tangled up easily.

• Agree Agree x 1