Game of the Year 2015

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Carned, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

What is everyone's Top 5-10 games of this year? Feel free to give a small paragraph as to each and why.

• 10 - Wolfenstein The Old Blood : More Wolfenstein with its great gameplay and over the top shooting.
    [​IMG]

• 09 - Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game with great writing and does the TellTale games "choices matter" well.
    [​IMG]
    • 08 - BroForce - Came out of Early Access, and its a lot of fun to just shoot random dudes
    [​IMG]

• 07 - Kerbal Space Program - Science made fun with cute Kerbals.
    [​IMG]

• 06 - Fallout 4 - A step down from New Vegas but it a fun shooter overall
    [​IMG]
    • 05 - Pillars of Eternity - CRPG made by Obsidian, A truly brilliant RPG
    [​IMG]
    • 04 - XenoBlade Chronicles X - I've only put 10 hours into this since owning it but it made be one of the greatest JRPGS ever made, a stunning world and interesting story.
    [​IMG]
    • 03 - Rocket League - Football + Racing + Fun = This
    [​IMG]
    • 02 - Bloodborne - From Software's latest "souls" game, personally I found it much more enjoyable that Souls, it also probably has the best art style this year.
    [​IMG]
    • 01 - Witcher 3 - May just be my favorite game of all time, a compelling and interesting story, challenging combat the rewards research and pre-planning, amazing characters, great writing and a truly perfect game

[​IMG]

What are your favorite games this year?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

1. Undertale
    -The storyline of all three routes are just so damn good and hilarious. Undertale exhibits an interesting concept to the genre of RPG by changing how we view/how we play standard RPG games; kill this guy and get experience points. Your actions change the tone of the final parts of the game, especially if you go on a genocide run. I honestly could not finish a genocide run because of the difficulty spike and how emotionally trying this game turns when you realize everyone's true identity and reason behind their actions. The characters are also very lovable and quoteable. This game is 10/10.

2. Rocket League
    -This is one of my favorite sports games I have ever played. Performing cool tricks and scoring flawlessly with a miniature, customizable car that can fly just excites me. Plus, this game has an easy learning curve.

3. Darkest Dungeon
    -The art design of this game is quite charming; it's very reminiscent of medieval times. Along with that, this game presents a challenge to you by incorporating dangerous dungeon crawlers that can disrupt your character's mentality and that you have to keep up with other elements in the game like Hunger, thirst, mentality, and light keeping. This game is tough.

4. CrossCode
    -This game is early access so not much can be said about it, mostly its story. The beginning parts of the sci-if plot are quite intriguing though. The game also maintains a suitable difficulty level for any fans of Action RPGs. I love the SNES-styled graphics of it. The developers are also very dedicated to the game and it's community.

5. Apotheon
    -This game has Greek written all over it. I love the Greek mythology art design of the game. In this ARPG, you take the role of Nikandreos and help Hera fight the gods of Olymphia. The game runs and looks quite well. I feel like it could be better without the mouse cursor being vital to combat as it can get in the way sometimes; it's a good thing this game has full controller support. Other than that, the game has some solid mechanics. This game reminds me a lot of Metroid.

Edit: I had a potato laptop this year ;-;

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Looks into steam inventory to see if he's even played 5 games from 2015

Seeing as I HAVEN'T. Here's the top 3 games I've played from 2015 releases.

1. Undertale
    A lot has already been said by Wolfy, many things I would say myself, however my perspective will be different seeing as I have completed each route. Before that, I gotta say that the characters in this game are all superbly well done to the point that since the game advertises itself as a game where no one has to die, you'll never want to kill them. With that said, it should make people want to not kill anyone because you'll clearly miss out of a fun time with each of these characters. Now, if you're actually heartless or just going for a challenge then yes you'd kill everyone. The pacifist run gives you hella hard fights, but the Genocide run tops your expectations that may have already been blown away in the pacifist run. You'll hate killing everyone you love, the fights will make you want to die yourself (not really, more like just never play again), and it'll be an awful experience. That said, I loved the twist on the original RPG aspects, the dad humor, the characters, THE SOUNDTRACK omg, the challenges, and the story. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

2. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth DLC (It's basically another whole new game)
    If you're someone who thinks a DLC can't be an entire new game, I'd like to sway you on this DLC. This DLC features... http://bindingofisaac.com/post/110884940374/afterbirth . I would not say the list is entirely accurate as it is from a forum, but the challenge there is enough that you're almost required to play every single character to completion when you weren't required to before, and therefore gives the game as much playability as the original game and then some. With two unique new characters, and several hundred new synergies, there's more ways to kill yourself and win at the same time. However, with that said the game became more difficult in the process with new bosses and rooms that'll make you freak out and nearly die with your best run you've had in the last hour. The greatest addition is the Greed Mode route that can be played by all players which features a wave system instead of the generic rouge-like room system. The wave system rewards with cash, you upgrade as best as you can, and you go through at least 49 waves before fighting the big man himself in an all out brawl. It's really hard for me to even put this DLC as #2 :cry:

3. Fallout 4
    I'd say @Carned nailed it simply. I'd have more to say if my laptop was able to handle it better. It's not a bad game, it's just that I'm on a bad computer.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1. No Man's Skye
    To sum it up you pretty much conquer planets and a lot of other things are great about it. Don't think your going to finish the game as the number of planets exceed the quintillion range or something like that. I haven't played any big name games besides Black Ops 3(Which is a great game with Zombies )

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Normally GoTY includes a game that has actually came out this year, or is even out at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clearly I can't advertise well

7. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

1.Rocket league is a fun game.Its like soccer with cars and no rules! It's really fun to play with a friend on 2v2 or get another friend to do 3v3.In rocket league if it's a 2v2 or 3v3 you use teamwork.Thats the reason it's always fun to have a friend with you while you play.Rocket league is one of those games that comes out and becomes a huge hit.You get to race around for the ball,and go on practice mode.I used to have the game and it was great,you get to use a PS4 Controller or XBOX 360 controller to play.When I got rocket league I did not know all the cool things about it,but when I started to play more and get better It became one of the best games I have ever played.

8. pikapikaman

pikapikaman Active Member

1. MGS V
    This game was amazing to me and i loved it from start to finish.Lets start out with the story , it story was a little on story but it was good enough for me.The characters were great and i prsonal think that they did there best on trying to flesh out them.Gameplay of this game from tralier told the truth and did not lie, There are tons of cutomization options and making customs guns were un but you need to reasearch alot to get to thoose parts.The buddy system worked but it was limted on what you could do. There are alot of things to do in the game like side quest but by the end of the game they get repetive,the mission are made very well and have manys ways you can do them.The ai and not the smartes but they are by no fact stupid and have some smart tactics, for example at the start of the game they will be easy to fool and kill but when you get to the later stage of the games they bring in armored units,riot sheild.better guns, and helmets.In the end this game is great and is a fun open world game made for people who like the MGS franchise and thoose who want a good game.This game could have been a hell of alot better but you can blame konami for this since they rushed the game and some things never made into the game.Even with all these negtive the over all postives this game has are great and i whould buy its agian on pc if it could handly the game.

P.s the reson i did not mention multiplayer is beacues t dose not have much content and there fore not that well made but its still alright

9. That game was a let down. Wasn't that fun and just plain old p-graphic

10. pikapikaman

pikapikaman Active Member

the game was a let down but this was due to konaami and hideo being in an arumenent and the game was rushed so not everything is perfect bu still the game is worth it to buy

11. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

I posted this on another thread, but I'll say it here too.

The only game that even remotely interested me this past year was Dying Light.

The main character was a badass and totally likable, if not lovable. The plot was fascinating (except the side quests kind of sucked), the graphics were so nice to look at, the zombies were creepy as hell. The weapons were customize-able to an extent, and having to salvage whatever parts you could find in order to do ANYTHING made it feel real. The parkour was a nice touch, lots of freedom even if you don't have a grappling hook, and you could choose how you want to murder a zombie. Cut along the waist? No problem! Amputating limbs? Cool! Staking them like a vampire? Go right ahead! Decapitation, cutting from head to toe symmetrically, tackling them to the ground and kicking them to death, smashing their heads against a wall... Such satisfying crunching.

The only bad thing about it was the gameplay was REALLY short. Waiting for updates to add more content. They already added hard mode (which I totally demolished)