Galil

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sanchez ❤, Aug 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Galil is too op.
    It have 0 recoil and horrible damage.
    Please nerf it.

• Disagree x 8
    • Dumb x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Confusing x 1
  2. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

vanilla?

3. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Yes

4. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

any other weapon can kill a Galil user in a heartbeat, and while it has very little recoil, it is significant enough to make you need to control it after a few shots. It takes two headshots to kill, same as m16, pistol, and most other weapons (and shotgun point blank range cause fuck you), it's damage is balanced well with 4 bodyshots, and it's rate of fire is not ridiculous or underpowered. just strafe shoot with a deag and galil guy ded in 1-hit boi

Just because a well-aimed spray down a corridor can take out you and any innocents unfortunate to be there in a blink of the eye, does not necessarily mean its OP. change the situation to a one v one with no element of surprise and it's a pretty even match against any weapon, and I include the HUGE in that lol

maybe it's a lil OP in vanilla, but that could just be that it's the VIPs+ that have access to it and they're likely to use it well and you've got fewer options to retaliate with

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I disagree, I play with Galil, I am still getting used to it and it is really hard to kill people, others who got used to galil know how to use it and make it look like the weapon is OP.

Years ago when I played cs 1.6 I always played with M4A1 or awp. M4A1 seems weaker than Ak, but after months of practising I got really good at it, almost every kill was a headshot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Aquast

well-aimed spray lmao.
    also big words from someone who uses galil himself

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Han

Han       VIP

ITT: Donators who use donator only weapons on Vanilla defending their overpowered, pay to win guns :^)

8. Aquast

yea dude every time someone makes a thread complaining about an overpowered gun on the vanilla servers he gets mass rated dumb by either people who 1. use the weapon in question or 2. mostly play on the modded servers

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

1v1 me nerd I’ll use my ak and show you it isn’t OP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

-1. Galil is not OP.

Edit:And yes I am fiercely defending my Gmod version of the Dead Ringer. Its versatile and I like it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

nibba i use ahveypee only galil on dolls cause im not dorkshinner

12. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

It is the most versatile weapon available on Vanilla, so I do understand why this thread was made. It functions decent at long range, excels at medium, and can sometimes outclass even a shotgun at close range. It has around the same damage as an M16 which has like 1/2 the fire rate of the galil. Honestly, I agree that galil could use a small nerf, if only on Vanilla. My idea would just to decrease it's damage a bit, so it takes 1 more headshot to kill than what it takes now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. jshore

jshore VIP

someone hasn't used the ak

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I mained a lot of AR's and the AR im using right now is the galil. To be honest galil is the best for me. Low recoil so I can always target the head. Good damage so they dont have much time to react. But also, thats the same for a lot of AR's. As long as you put time into the gun and get use to it you can be good with the gun. I say a nerf to the galil is unnecessary.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  15. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

galil isn't op its just misunderstood.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. degolfer222

Hes talking on vanilla. On modded, yeah Galil is where all the other AR's are at, if not in a worse place than the rest. But on vanilla, it is the best weapon available, hands down. A Vanilla exclusive nerf for it, so the one on the modded servers stays the same would be the best thing to do.

17. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

In vanilla theres still 2 ar's that are about the same and if you can aim with the shotgun then you can kill someone with a galil.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. degolfer222

The AK does about the same dmg as the galil, maybe a tad more, but its recoil is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher and the M16 has such a slow fire rate it cant compete

19. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

The AK recoil isnt bad at all and I was talkin about the famas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

This proud galil user gives a fat -1.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1