Fun Round suggestion: Slender

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Cereal KiIler, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Similar to the original Slenderman game, this fun round combines the excitement and the fear neeeded to have Real Fun.

Roles and abilities:
    One or more players are selected as Slendermen, while the rest will be the survivors.
    The survivors will have limited range of vision, and they won't be able to pickup weapons.
    The Slendermen will be able to damage or kill the survivors, for far away or point blank range, respectively.
    Additional abilities the Slendermen might have are Static Noise that would shake players screens and maybe damage them; becoming invisible; teleport.

The Modes:
    There could be one of the two possible modes:
    1) Survival:
    Survivors must survive some amount of time. when time is up, they either would have to reach a certain place in order to win, or win immediately, depending on developers' choice.
    The round ends when all survivors escape, or all survivors die.

2)Page Hunting:
    Pages or props spawn around the map, and the survivors must collect them all in order to win, or to open the escaping area.
    Round ends when all survivors die, or escaped.
    This mod can be played either individually, meaning every time a player collects a page it would be for himself only; or addable mode, when every time a player collects a page it would be added to the total amount of pages collected, shared by all survivors.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been playing a mod similar to this one in TF2, called "Slender Fortress", and I can assure you, it's very enjoyable to play.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Cereal KiIler

@Opalium , I know this is hell of a programming, but consider at least making it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. jshore

jshore VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Dued

Dued VIP

+1

Force view distance to basically be a few feet in front of the survivors, fog texture that is transparent so it appears spooky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Doesnt really seem like a fun round to me. Seems more like a fun round for one person and being scared shitless half the time for the others. Also even if we get past that, thats one person to do everything in that regard for the Slender, that doesnt seem fair against possibly 35 people if its a full server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cereal KiIler

Scary = Fun

8. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Not to all of us sadly. I enjoy a good scream but a lot of people dont.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. +1
    Just add Infected

10. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I like the idea. I don't know if Opal or whoever coding this will, but I think it's unique and fun. +1

11. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Yeah, 1 vs. 35 doesn't sound either fair or fun if the servers were if not full then filled with over twenty to thirty-something players. The survival mode sounds like it'll end in the favor of whomever is playing as the Slender Man that round especially since the rest of the players wouldn't have weapons and also be unable to pick them up. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to put together the page collection mode but considering the fact thei spawning points for the pages would have to be preordained for each map, it would probably be too easy for the survivors to find and collect all of them in no time flat considering the number of players that are usually on the servers. Also, the page collection mode could be exploited in that someone could potentially memorize the spawning points for the pages and either grab them or point them out to other players. -1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cereal KiIler

The pages spawn points could be randomly chosen between entities existing on EVERY map, such as spawn point.
    About the survival mod, the boss can spawn with only a very limited time, that would force him to act quickly, and that time could be determined in PTS.

13. Cereal KiIler

But in the end, because of the limited range of vision, this game could be really fun to play, for instance, you hear your friend die near you, but because you have that limited range, you can’t know where he died or where the boss is, making the game very entertaining to play.

14. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Once again, that doesn't guarantee that someone wouldn't memorize the locations of the spawning points and either point them out OR grab the pages if they've spawned at any of those spots.
    Even if there is a limited amount of time, how would players be able to defend/protect themselves? Depending on what map they're playing on, especially if its one with multiple large open spaces/areas such as for example; Rooftops there wouldn't be a lot of time for any of the other players to hide and/or run away. Also, there would also be the issue of players finding adequate hiding places which could be problematic on larger open maps such as Rooftops.
    Depending on how limited the range of vision is it could be still be detrimental if they're hiding somewhere and they're unaware of where the boss is before its too late.

15. Cereal KiIler

As far as you responded so far, it’s clear you never player the original slender game, or any of its mods.
    Furthermore, I am not even sure you ever played even a horror game, therefore you can’t understand its principles, or even how it works.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

I haven't played the origianl game or the mods but I fail to see how that is relevant to your suggestion AND even if it did that doesn't give you the right to attack me over what I believe to be legitimate concerns about your suggestion.