[Fun Round] Newtons vs. Crowbars

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Santa Claus, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Let's discuss a new fun round.

It'll have to be map specific (rooftops, metropolis, Teen room, dolls, canyon, hairyhouse, rats kitchen, terrortrain, maybe minecraft, maybe assault, highrise, and storehouse.

The concept is simple. Team 1 will start with a newton launcher, and team 2 will only have crowbars
    (or possibly knives? maybe thats too much)

Suggest balancing variables below. I can't think of everything myself. I'm thinking 40% newtons, and 60% crowbars.

Here's a video, where not all people followed the suggested rules.

Suggested Clarifications:

1. Everyone gets a crowbar, certain people get newton launchers. To prevent players from camping in "un-newtonable" spots.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

What prevents person with crowbar from camping in a small room so they can't be pushed off the map

3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Maybe if you out number the crowbar & newton players so he can never leave the room

but that'll probably also not work if they're not being dicks. They'll get launched quick af

G O O D P O I N T B Y N O C

EDIT: Maybe give newtons a non-overpowered secondary like the newton that works in such quarters. idfk

4. Santa Claus

Maybe everyone can have crowbars then? Epic 1v1 crowbar fights.

5. Valedict

Valedict VIP

Maybe increase walking speed of people with crowbars?
    I know the newton has about a 2 second(?) refresh time between shots, so I think that you have to make almost every shot count when using it, and make it so that the person with the newton can't just keep walking back away from the player with a crowbar. Then players with newton would just be able to constantly push the crowbar w/o any risk.

6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

25 75
    +1

7. Santa Claus

I feel like that would heavily benefit the people with the crowbars. The only way i see this working is if you dont know who is who.

8. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

but if the newtons camp in a area with only one way in then it would be hard to over power it
    plus i would think the newtons would have to be buffed up

9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Newton can do like 15+ damage with a HS BTW

• Informative Informative x 1