Fun Round/Game Mode: POTUS

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Stocking ❤, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Does this sound like a good game mode?

1. Yes, it sounds good as it is.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Yes, but it could use some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, it is not good right now, but could be improved.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, and I believe it will not ever be.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. It's so-so.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Stocking ❤

Stocking ❤ Repent VIP Bronze

Introducing POTUS!

POTUS
    (name pending) is a game mode centered around the President of (the) Terrorist United States! The President has come to Terror Town for his inaugural speech, but something isn't quite right. His Bodyguards, trained in the art of detection, have a gut feeling that a danger approaches. As the he carries on, Assassins descend upon the unwary President! It's up to the Bystanders, Bodyguards, and the President himself to stop them!

The Object of the Game:

There are 4 teams,
    President, Bystander, Bodyguard, and Assassin. The goals of the President, Bodyguards, and Bystanders are to have the President survive to the end of the round (3 minutes) or to see the Assassins be eliminated. The Assassins win when the President is killed. The President starts the round with 20 seconds of invulnerability, to meet with his Bodyguards. If the President is damaged, the round timer is set to 30 seconds. If the President manages to escape and survive this 30 seconds, the round ends and the Assassins lose. In any case of his death, Assassins win.

Class Specifics:

Bystander:
    This class is similar to the innocent of TTT in that they are non-hostile, and make up most of the game. However, the difference is that they are incapable of picking up weapons. They are given a crowbar, and a magneto stick, but may not pick up anything else unless it is a special weapon given by a Bodyguard or picked up from an Assassin. So what makes being a Bystander fun? Well, Bystanders can't harm each other, Bodyguards, or the President. There's nothing scarier to an Assassin than a mob of angry Bystanders with crowbars.
    "One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

The President: The President is similar to the Bystander in a few ways, the main difference being that the President is capable of carrying a sidearm. The President spawns with the Raging Bull (or alternatively the Deagle for vanilla) but may pick up a sidearm he finds to replace it, and a bulletproof vest (armor). He also spawns with the special weapon; Swing Vote, a Deagle with one round that will kill any Assassin in one hit, and puts a radar pip over the locations of the other Assassins. Once he is damaged by the Assassins, he is given a 20% speed boost given that the damage taken does not kill him instantly.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick." - Theodore Roosevelt

Bodyguard: These guys are going to be filling in the slot for Detectives in normal TTT. They are given access to the Detective shop, and are the first line of defense for the President. They are capable of picking up any weapons and equipment that spawns on the map. Mainly, Bodyguards keep a watchful eye out for suspicious activity such as a Terrorist acting alone, holding a weapon of any kind, or placing Traitor equipment. Bodyguards cannot damage Bystanders or the President, but shooting everyone to determine innocence is still against the rules. The playstyle of the Assassin normally prevents such behavior from being fruitful, however. These guys also spawn with armor, and display as a Detective in game, so you know who they are.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

Assassin: The Assassin class will be the Traitors of POTUS. They are capable of picking up a primary and secondary weapon, as well as a grenade. All Assassins show up in game as Bystanders. However, in contrast to the Traitors; Assassins play a much tamer game. Mass murder isn't required to pull out the win here, and as such, a more coordinated attack is recommended. But time is of the essence! It won't take very long before the opposition discovers your identity, and even sooner until the round ends. Assassins can be damaged by every class, including other Assassins. A dead giveaway for an Assassin would being holding a weapon besides the crowbar, and being seen in a sniping position by them self. So the best bet is to either blend in or never be seen at all. Their only goal is to see the President die by any means, killing Bystanders or Bodyguards is unnecessary and heavily advised against.
    "Our cause being almost lost, something decisive & great must be done!" - John Wilkes Booth

The Rules & Spawns:
    I've already posted a lot, so I'll try to keep this last bit short. Most of the rules of TTT still apply. The only real addition would be the fact that holding a weapon is considered a Traitorous Act, as only Assassins are capable of doing so. For every 10 Terrorists there is 1 Assassin. For every Assassin there is a Bodyguard, and there is only 1 President at any given time.

Anyways, that's all I have for now. I just wanted to share this with the forum, and I welcome any and all comments, criticisms, and suggestions to refine it, balance it, or maybe just make it less stupid.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Stocking ❤

Some important points:
    • I am aware that this is really complicated for a fun round.
    • It's probably best suited for a game mode.
    • I know this will be very hard to code, and is unlikely to be implemented.
    • This is simply an idea that I've had for a while, and I want it to be out here on the Suggestions board.
    • It's probably already been thought of/suggested.
    • It's just an idea.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

MY EYES

[​IMG]

edit: After actually reading it, seems like a really convoluted TTT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

while the colors may accent your point, sometimes its too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Dude we get it. You vape

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Stocking ❤

lol sorry for melting down a box of crayola crayons and pouring the mixture into your eye holes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Stocking ❤

But no seriously, I could tone down the colors if that helps it be more palatable for the eyes.

8. Rage

Rage Banned

+1 This is great, but also extremely complicated, not undo-able but definitely will take time to make. Wonder what @Highwon thinks.

Imagine how cool it'd be when we have player models of the current US president? There's already a Trump model lol

9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+4113412730498172039847021394701247021893740192374098213740982137409812703 948172498213 PLEEEEEEE3333ASE

10. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

yall don't know art when you see it
    obviously takes inspiration from mondarian
    good use of negative space
    [​IMG]
    (also +1 for a sweet suggestion)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rage

Rage Banned

PLEASE spoiler that huge thing, my eyes hurt.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Stocking ❤

ded

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

This looks cool and would be nice to try.
    +1

14. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Great Suggestion +10,000,000

15. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Sounds like Dark RP to me -1

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stocking ❤

Ew.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Stocking ❤

In order for it to be a Fun Round, it would have to fit in with the system of TTT, i.e. Traitors, Innocents, Detectives.
    Traitors = Assassin
    Innocent = Bystander & President
    Detective = Bodyguard

Furthermore, there's only 1-3 assassins per any given game. Even at full server capacity. The game is centered around the elimination of a single target in a small time frame, in place of the elimination of a full server over the course of the match. Assassins are forced to operate more tactically than traitors, and Bodyguards end up protecting the President over finding the Assassins.
    The game's balance as a fun round that it can end very quickly. One well placed shot can kill the President, so Bodyguards have to keep an incredibly sharp eye. However, if the Assassins screw up the kill, they have 30 seconds to fix it or they lose. Bystanders also don't have to worry that much about getting killed.

I'd imagine a game of this would last 1-3 minutes instead of the 5-8 minutes of a game of TTT.
    Sorry for the long reply, I just wanted to make sure that I'd communicated my idea properly to you.

18. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Its brilliant but way to complex for a fun round as you said, sadly.

19. Stocking ❤

Yeah, I was thinking about making it a standalone game mode, and seeing if I could persuade Serious to host it for testing if it has enough interest.
    But it's just a thought right now, and disregarding the fun round issue, would you see this being a successful game mode?

That's what the poll is for, not for a fun round implementation but the mode in general.

20. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, it seems pretty sweet.