Fuck mental illness

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Bubonic, Sep 27, 2018.

1. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

I remember when I was having a scuffed month and probably some of you do remember as well. Anxiety and depression are things that are always knocking at the door. Don't let them in my guy, cause no matter what pain you go through, just know it will come to an end. I wish you the best. Be strong, be brave, and NEVER lose hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Sha

Sha VIP

been there mate, hope u get better

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

I love you pal, like a brother, because you are my brother. I sincerely hope you recieve nothing but the best in your life, and you begin to feel well again. You're valued, and I think you're a great person. You work with an animal shelter, right? That's awesome. Don't lose that if it makes you happy. Finally, clutch onto that pup of yours like you're both about to fly off the planet because he's your best pal through all of this. Good luck, friend, get well soon, and, I know I've told you this ten thousand times already, don't hesitate to PM me.

<3

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey @Bubonic ,

Thanks for your dedication to the community. I've always loved how you had a friendly space in every part of the community. Whether it was accidentally eating bad salmon, talking about your vapes, or your pretty nifty tea collection, I've always admired how you've always worked to bridge the connection between staff and players was always just a really chill guy to talk with. You've definitely put a smile on my face in the past.

Take care of yourself man. It was great getting to know you, and Godspeed getting through these difficult times.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Predated

Predated VIP

Bubonic, you legend. I loved you as staff, you chill Alaskan. One of these days, I'm going to drive up to Anchorage, and have a few beers with you my dude. You deserve a break. God be with you, and may you find peace in this break my brother.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

Love you lots and hope it gets better. You can always message me on discord. Take care

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Take care out there man, you will be missed. o7

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

I’m sad to see you go but it’s for the best if it helps you. If you ever wanna talk just dm me and we’ll talk about anything you like. You were always my favorite member on the team and we’re always so nice. I’ll miss you.

9. Aluf

Aluf -redacted by the administration- VIP

You being my favorite mod as a regular, I really hope you can get the help you need. You deserve it, and make sure to keep strong through this stage in your life.

Good luck my friend, I hope to see you back on the staff team once you feel better and have the will to join us again.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bubonic

Bubonic Burning heretics since M31 VIP

I thought I would update everyone a little on how I've been doing since I am back in full swing. Shortly before I made this post I started seeing a therapist and started a couple of anti-depressants. I was incredibly afraid to start any kind of medication for my anxiety and depression because as a teenager they gave me pretty bad suicidal thoughts. At 28 though...they aren't doing that. I was also scared they would make me feel like a zombie but I'm not getting that at all. It's been about six weeks since I've started them and I am feeling way better already. My mind is finally quiet again, without all of the background noise from the anxiety driving me mad. Seeing a therapist weekly has also been helping a ton, I finally have someone to talk to about all the shit constantly bothering me.

My biggest regret is not getting help with all of this earlier. I don't have health insurance because there is no tax incentive to provide it in the cannabis industry and I couldn't afford insurance out of pocket. I thought there would be no help for me because of that but I found a charity care program through a local hospital. If you can't afford mental health care and need it I definitely recommend searching for low income/sliding scale clinics in your area, Providence operates in 5 states and has a great charity program I can vouch for. If I actually got the care I needed early enough I may not have been so horribly impacted by it, nor have to work from the bottom up again to get my shit under control.

Other than all that...I'm glad I feel good enough to be back again, especially since the death knell was rung and the end is in sight. I really do love all you guys, being part of this community has helped me to be way more social than I was and all of your kind words helped me a ton when I was at my lowest.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
  11. h0b0 b0z0

h0b0 b0z0 VIP

glad you're feeling better champ

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Welcome back you... You... You slave!

Jk though, but welcome back to the staff team. I'm looking forward to see you handle my reports.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Welcome back! Glad to see you in the staff team again!

• Friendly Friendly x 1