Invalid Frosty the Spudman's Report

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Spud, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Report or Appeal:
    Username of the reported player:
    forcie
    Explain the case:
    Wrongly closing a shoutbox report, failure to follow through with his duties.

I reported the user @Festive Toest and @forcie wrongly locked my report and wrongly stated that it had already been reported while accusing me of wasting staff resources. The issue is, it had not been reported. The thread he linked to was a report on me by that user, not a report on that user.

If you're going to administrate and deal with user issues please atleast take the time to read the thread.

Apologies if this is the wrong report forum, it was regarding an issue on the shoutbox forum not TTT so I wasn't sure where to post this report on a staff member.​
    Related Evidence:

2. 4sea

4sea VIP

Hello dear friend.

I have already messaged you that you did not send a duplicate report, I messaged you the second I was notified of my mistake.
    As I have already retracted my 'duplicate report' issue, feel free to contact me again and see if we can resolve this report before I tag my lead admin :)

3. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Hello dearer friend.

I had not seen your message at the time of this report, but regardless your behaviour in this circumstance was still unacceptable. You pre-emptively closed a report and locked the thread without good reason showing a disregard for your duties and a lack of care in doing so.

I'm glad to see you agree that I did not send a duplicate report, but can you please explain why the thread is still locked even after you having admitted to locking it being a mistake?
    [​IMG]

If the thread is still locked, it is still not able to be discussed and dealt with and is effectively closed all the same, thereby not correcting your mistake and slowing down the course of justice. This, as I'm sure you'll agree, is a waste of staff resources - something you, rather ironically, accused me of doing in your mistake. As funny as this turn of events is, that the individual who wrongly accused another of wasting staff resources themselves ends up wasting staff resources, it still feels as though the course of justice has been perverted and something must be done to address this matter.

Thank you, and kind regards;
    Spud.

4. 4sea

4sea VIP

Hey spud,

It's quite unfair you only copy part of our conversation. If you want to add it fully, also add the fact that I already rectified my mistake many times + that I already offered you a different reason for denying your report.

I'm saddened that you'd rather publicize this as one big dramatic thing, than to talk to me in private, as I've tried to talk to you on multiple mediums :)

[​IMG]
    (changed the screenshot as this displays the actual timestamps instead of '15min ago')

However, seeing as it has escalated to this point, I see no other refuge but to add my lead @DieKasta to handle this report officially :)

5. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Hey forcie,

It's quite unfair you accuse me of only copying part of our conversation while including parts of the conversation which took place after I made my post. If you want to be more accurate and not manufacture evidence, that would be appreciated. Unfortunately, my future-seeing capabilities have been lacking as of recent so I was unable to see the post you made in the future when I was writing my own - including the timestamp on your post rather than cropping it might have told you this and, although I can see why you'd assume I am able to see things before they happen given my level of genius and many other amazing talents, I am unfortunately not able to do so.

With regards to your claim that you and 'already offered you a different reason for denying your report', you actually offered your reason for denying my report after I had written my response here and, as previously stated, my fortune telling abilities were playing up so I was unable to see the reason you were soon to offer. Once again, timestamps and editstamps can prevent a lot of confusion in the future.

With regards to your claim that you 'already rectified [your] mistake many times', I do not believe that to be the case. I believe your mistake is one that needs to be addressed by another individual, hence my report and my response to you herein. You personally stated:
    "As I have already retracted my 'duplicate report' issue, feel free to contact me again and see if we can resolve this report before I tag my lead admin"
    I did not wish to contact you again, taking 'feel free' to mean what it actually does mean and as an invitation or an offer to do something rather than an order, and instead decided to wait for input from a lead admin.

I'm saddened that you'd rather publicize this as one big dramatic thing in the same way, continuing the issue and including out of context and falsified screenshots rather than simply tagging your lead admin and letting the issue be dealt with. As I'm sure you'll know being an administrator, actions have consequences - mistakes have consequences. If a user were to be punished for making a mistake, such as how I was warned for something that wasn't a mistake without the chance to defend myself, then an administrator should be held to the same if not higher standards. Atleast here you've been given the chance to defend yourself and to do so in public and ensure that I will not mislead others on the situation by misportraying things said in private out of context, something I would never do anyway but something you have done here in this very thread. Also, while you see 'publicizing' this issue as a negative thing I see it as something beneficial to the community. Issues with administration should be publicly readable so people can view them and make up their own minds. If everything is swept under the rug then how will staff ever be held accountable for their actions and how will the history of their mistakes and actions be viewable in order to support future cases and provide evidence when needed?

Thank you for your response, kind regards;
    Spud.

6. 4sea

4sea VIP

As you can see, the warning was issued '15 minutes ago'. This was when I issued the warning, and when I send it out.
    That means you were only warned & notified at that moment.
    I was then notified by a watchful member, who notified me I made a mistake, and I removed your warning and immediately after notified you in a private message at '12 minutes ago'. That directly shows you I sent it 3 minutes later.
    Your second reaction in this report, after your initial report was 8 minutes later, which means you had more than 5 minutes to see my updated reply to our conversation, where I not only apologized but also rectified the mistake :)

These are simply the facts. As I have said to you previously on a different occasion, I will not allow you to place my simple statements out of context and create a whole new 'elaborate' misconstrued image of the situation and/or me. Therefor I will close this report, and let@DieKasta give his verdict.

7. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I dunno why you felt the need to create a report in the first place? You jumped into shoutbox and created an unnecessary scene when users were just having a casual conversation. At no point were you ever harassed in the evidence you provided.

As for this report, Forcie misread what was posted and immediately tried to remedy the issue as soon as he realized what had happened. Your lack of cooperation here turned a non-issue into a more public and ridiculous non-issue.

Actually, I think I found what you were looking for with these reports.
    [​IMG]
    Now that you’ve gotten that, maybe we could stop with the petty reports?

Report: Invalid
    Thanks for reporting.

-Kasta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.