Accepted [Forum Suggestion] Ranks for Trials

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

To clarify: They would have no forum power. This would be to identify who is a Trial after they become one, and for regular players to keep up with new pick-ups

That's it. This may seem unnecessary to some, and it might me. It adds an extra step for admins to do (which I find simple enough regardless of how long the player is trial), but I'd say it's beneficial regardless

Also, I don't know where all these assumptions are coming from. This isn't a "reward for being trial" It's just a color that lasts for however many days and is temporary.
    Nobody is going to apply for a temporary color. And if they do, they're dumb

The thing that @POP STAR said about being helpless if players ask for their help when a mod isn't on and asking to remove the in-game rank isn't efficient either.
    For example, when there is a word v word situation, the trial will PM the players to get more information and create a verdict. Players will be more willing to help if the player messaging them has a rank, otherwise they'll be confused as to why they should explain further to a normal looking player

This finally progresses into my actual suggestion stating that when reporting a trial mod, it would look better if they had a rank when responding to a report on their false verdict, rather than if they were just, again, a normal looking player

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

And what would they do with that verdict if there is no staff on? It's great that you understand people are more inclined to talk to staff ranked individuals, but I feel you're missing the point. Trial mods are un-able to do anything even if they have a verdict on their own, as this is a trial phase before they are given the ammunition to execute and issue punishments.

A forum rank would only preponderate their inability to assist players in need. They would receive forums messages they can do nothing about other then direct the player to an active staff member or encourage making a report. Granted, they can offer tips and advice, but even a regular player can do that.

Trial Moderators do not need a flimsy name-tag to put them in an even more vulnerable position than they already are in.

You've said so yourself that players are easily able to access our public staff groups if they are interested in staff changes. If they really want to be 'caught up', they would check the staff groups. As a matter of fact, often times players on the server are surprised when a newly promoted Moderator appears, as they have not had the opportunity to experience them throughout their Trial phase. And there is nothing wrong with that.

There is no need in allowing our players to see Trials as a potential aide for their problems because yet again, that is simply due to the fact that they cannot do much for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

so was this accepted

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. Kyül