[Forum Suggestion] Alerts for a Removed Comment

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Not sure why we aren't notified about who removes our comments

Just recently, I posted on the Immitation Game and one of my comments was removed without my knowledge. I didn't get a PM or even an alert as to why, let alone who did it. I had to find out myself when I looked through the thread again and couldn't find my comment

This anonimity is complete bullshit. Not only was there not legitimate reason for my comment to be taken down, but I have to do some snooping around to find out who abused? In what community is this a thing :confused:

Please alert us when you remove a comment. It's called a courtesy, and we have a right to know. thx.

@Admins

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

+1

3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I get alerts sometimes when my name change comment is deleted and sometimes not so I think it's a thing but that it's optional

4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Yeah, it’s a thing, and it’s optional. Some admins do it, some don’t. I definitely agree that it should be used more, so +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

+1 should be required for any comment deletion

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Should always be used* oof

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Python~

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

@Opalium

Considering you're the only one getting things done get this done

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Python~

Can I get any admin to confirm that it is required to give a reason when deleting a comment

Thank (y)

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Why hasn’t this been done yet lmao it’s literally a simple act of writing 3-4 words before clicking submit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

-1 we don't need another way for people to start petty drama and have pointless reports.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I would argue that not knowing starts more drama that is way more petty. If you know, you can go directly to them, instead of being forced to make reports on anonymous to get an explanation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'll state that we are given the option to give a comment or notification upon message deletion. Here is an example of what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    I'll also state that it is common courtesy to notify upon removal of some comments, such as ones removed for breaking a forum rule, or ones removed on request. The reason I'd prefer to leave it optional is because we remove name change requests and other comments on a daily basis, and setting a notification on those would be unneeded. I'd prefer to keep my options open since if there was a situation where not notifying someone is the better option, we would have the ability to choose that. Regardless of whether or not we give notifications, logs are kept for a long amount of time that states who and why it was removed, and leads have the ability to restore deleted posts so if there is a need pressing enough you can find who and what was removed rather easily.

This being said I agree that we should be notifying people upon removal of content that they don't expect to be removed.

• Like Like x 1