Sticky Former Staff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Change-up, Sep 2, 2014.

1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

3. OkaiD

OkaiD *-* VIP

4. I was browsing through report threads by the number of responses and saw a number of reports about people on this list. Man, there have been some terrible mods/admins on this server. Even saw one that was about a LEAD Admin who was corrupt to the max. Yikes....

5. Penny

Penny VIP

Who was that?

6. I don't really want to name names because if that thread is any indication, it'll start a massive flame war. If you want to know who just sort the threads in the Report Player section by replies and you'll find several of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Those reports might be false. Look into it, an admin or mod will say "report is invalid" some are valid but it doesn't mean the mod is bad; It just means a mistake was made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm not referring to basic reports. Like I said, I sorted by responses to find the most controversial topics and even doing that, I've read through them and found that in most situations the mod was correct. I'm referring to handful where the mod was clearly in the wrong and there was proof that the staff was abusing their power. And the one about the Lead Admin was more specifically about:

A Lead Admin that made a huge deal out of something with another mod that caused this well-liked and well-respected (I didn't know either of them by the way) mod to resign. On top of that, the Lead Admin in question went through and modified the posts of people who disagreed with him.

9. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Alright, as far as that situation went. A reasonable request to change a picture resulted in Snak resigning and filing a report against me, he had seemed to get the idea in his head that if he had refused he would have been demoted. As far as editing posts go, yeah I accidentally hit the *edit* button rather than the quote button like twice. I think that I acknowledged that I had made that mistake in that thread as soon as it had been pointed out. If you will recall, the edits all had my responses to what Snak was saying, not trying to silence or discredit him. Oh, and Snak didn't lose respect because he decided to report me. That was fine. In fact, after he had resigned we kept his admin position opened in case he had wanted to come back to the team. He lost respect as staff material when he started going on rampages on the server and off. Insulting, cursing at, and abusing both staff and players. I would also LOVE to see the "proof" that I had been abusing my power.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sir Lemoncakes

Also, that "well liked and respected" ex-staff member, is now perma banned. Let that stand as a testament to his character.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Never said there was "proof" about abuse. That was in reference to a few other threads I saw. And I won't discuss any of this any further with you in order to prevent a flame war. Based on the evidence that thread provided, from someone who didn't know any of the parties involved, it looked liked a well-liked (based on responses from other staff in that thread) mod was asked to do something he shouldn't have been asked to do and, as a result, both people involved are no longer staff. Sorry if I made any assumptions, but that's what it looked like to me. And this is just one thread and one instance. I was talking more about multiple threads of different staff ex-staff who were found to be abusing power and what have you.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

That well-liked former staff member that is now permabanned was liked by members of the community that usually fall into the troll category. They do just enough to be trollish, but not enough to get banned. They're usually ignorant to reasons that weren't mentioned in the post, but were mention in probate conversation. That meet that is now permabanned made that post to create a flame war and tear the community apart; not something I look for in any staff.

13. Well, some of the members defending him were either current or ex-staff, which only further reinforces my ultimate point: There was (and still is) a few members of the staff who don't deserve their position of power. And I'm not talking about anyone in particular, either from that thread or in general. I recognize 99% of the staff is great, but it's that 1% that can ruin it for the rest of us.

14. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

Stoppppppppppp

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I wasn't fighting. I just stated something and went on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

People aren't allowed to have discussions about former occurrences in the Former Staff thread?..

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. DocFox

I was simply educating newer members on some of the history of Serious TTT. I wasn't arguing. If you don't know your history, you can't appreciate who you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

@yourpetsandvich and @GristleMcThornbody are a couple others that I didn't see on the list. I know there's more people I can't think of at the moment though.

19. Sir Lemoncakes

20. DocFox