Forgive/Report and Dmg. Log Buttons

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Alicia Rue, Apr 13, 2020.

?

Would you like to see these in game?

1. Yes, Forgive or Report Buttons Only

25.0%
  2. Yes, Damage Log Tab Only

16.7%
  3. Yes Both Dmg. Log and F/G Button

25.0%
  4. No, Add Neither

33.3%
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Updated my previous post since the formatting was ass and added info to end

2. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

Its shown in the RDM manager for the staff.

3. food

food VIP

What possible purpose could denying forgiveness serve lol. That's just another way for mods to slay people biasedly.

4. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

Toxicity. History of RDM. History of lying. History of loopholing.

If the mod does it repeatedly and seems to be abusing it, then their admin can investigate it.

5. food

food VIP

OK, but does any of that matter if the actual victim forgives them for "rdm"? Because otherwise slaying them just seems kind of petty :/

Anyway, derail aside, the forgive button isn't a bad suggestion but I'm not going to repeat what others have said.

Also @AndrewB that scenario is impractical. I don't think anyone is that irrational about getting slain, but how would that scenario play out any differently if player A just told staff "I don't forgive him for rdming me" with the system we have now? The difference between that scenario with the forgive button is that now the staff know ahead of time if he's forgiven for the report or not and don't have to spend time asking them questions.

6. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

based on these replies the best reason for not doing this is it costs money, which idk how true that is. maybe the reason this keeps getting suggested is because it's a good idea??

Especially the damage logs of who killed you. Staff aren't always on :/ and it can also take them a while to get to your request especially if it's chaotic. it'd be easier to be able to figure it out yourself. it's not really backseat modding if there's no mod. Mini clips of damage logs when reporting help the reporter figure out who exactly to report and for what reason. if I get damaged and then I attack the person who I believe damaged me only to end up getting killed by them, when I go to report them I can see if they were the one who damaged me first or not. If they didn't damage me I can report who did instead, this way reports can be more valid and there won't be as many false reports. That's helpful to everyone. Seeing the actual damage logs at the end of the round can help players identify mass rdmers better. Saying this will encourage backseat moderating is completely ridiculous, as it actually helps players report rule breakers via forums when staff aren't available. Which is when the most rule breaking can happen, haven't you heard of "no mods, no rules"?
    I personally had a difficult time reporting a mass rdmer because of the availability to damage logs. I could've recorded even more rdms by that person making sure they get punished properly, but instead they got away with at least 3 rdms.

I get that the point of staff is to help you, but why can't we also help the staff and make their lives easier? Make everything easier for everyone??