for the love of god

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by incognito moe, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Please fix the body damage on the colt 1911. The damage is way too low compared to other weapons that are suitable for headshots and do body damage. Bring it more in line with the Raging Bull and Deagle.

Make the snipers so they don't unscope between shots. It makes it almost impossible for close contact combat. I know snipers are long range but most players use rifles and AWPs for the headshot meta and doing this adds another unnecessary barrier to the gameplay.

EDIT: I'm talking about how it was before the update.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

No

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

The Colt's advantage is its firerate.

Think about it like this. You're in a firefight with someone else, your primaries run out. You both switch to your secondaries (Colt has a slightly faster animation if I'm not wrong) and since you have a Colt, by the time he can take 2 shots, you will have already taken 2, possibly 3 if he's hesitating.

EDIT: Also, Colt's more viable at a longer range, its cone is noticeably smaller

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Higher recoil and better body damage would balance it out.

5. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

Point being, it's already balanced. What you're implying you want to do with it would basically just make it a more accurate, faster-firing Deagle.

As-is, if you consistently hit your body shots, you're already going to out-DpS the Deagle or another 1-tap secondary, and if not that, you have more chances to get a headshot in than they will. That's basically what the Colt is for far as this goes, if you're confident in your accuracy, you take a Colt and go for more headshots, and your single shots deal less if you miss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You're supposed to headshot with the Colt though
    Use the H228 or Glock if you wanna do body shots, first has good damage and the second has a ridiculous fire rate.

7. They deal way way less damage to the body. Compare it to the Tec-9 which has decent body damage too.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Colt is perfectly balanced and doesn't need any changes.

Don't know what you're suggesting with the sniper thing exactly, but if you mean it automatically scoping back in, then you can disable that with a console command already. The command is "sgm_sniper_rescope 0" or something along those lines, the console will autofill it for you if you just type sgm_sniper.

9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I’m a long user of the colt and I’ve always felt the damage to be a bit low when hitting body shots but I mean hey it’s got p fast shots so just wm1 the dude you’re trying to kill. It’ll work

10. Tophats

Tophats VIP

as much as i love you moe, gotta agree with @Nyra and @Rauno
    the colt's fine just the way it is my guy

11. I just want to the colt to go back to the way it was before the update. Is that too much to ask?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Yes.
    The goal of weapon balance was to shift away from the ak-colt centric meta that SGM had because they were superior weapons and outclass every single other weapons.
    It did that.
    Whether the results are considered to be acceptable or not is up to debate, the ak and colt are no longer the kings of the weapons.

• Disagree Disagree x 1