For the love of god please REVAMP Frag Storm

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Racerboy, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Holy shit this gamemode is bad in so many ways. But it can be fixed. Make it so if a player does NOT throw their frags, they either get dropped on the ground where the player is, or the player them-self explodes and hurts/kills people in a very short radius around them. This would make for a more fun round than the fuckin delay city this gamemode creates. There needs to be punishment for not throwing your grenades.

There are WAY too many large maps that turn this gamemode to shit (Dolls, Nuketown, Jondome... anything but Motel). So consider decreasing the time to explode, in wide open areas people don't die because of the grenade timer, they die because they get stuck on the grenade and can't fuckin move. So it's not about skill at that point, it's just dumb luck.

And yes I saw the previous, recent thread on removing it. I don't think removing it is a good idea because that means we have to play even shittier gamemodes like bomb rush more. Or that broken shit one-shot one-kill gamemode where you crowbar people, blood splatters and nothing happens. It CAN be fixed, it's not too late, the ship hasn't sank yet.

thank u for your time.

P.S. while I'm here fuck Haven that map is <30 FPS garbage ass why does it exist ???

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

just remove the dogshit

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

How many times do I gotta say no one likes it fucking remove this shit

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Eh, I like the mode

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  5. man if you're complaining then that means u just suck at the game mode

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Wow. That has to be the lowest IQ post I've ever read on this forum. I can tell you have trouble with reading comprehension, so let me help you out:

Every suggestion I made to improve this gamemode was in an effort to help speed it up because it takes so long. Gun game, headshot wars, TDM, Assassins, etc are all over pretty quick. But this gamemode just drags on until someone, by chance, gets stuck on a grenade. I guess I don't see the fun in that.

I'm looking to improve the gamemode, not get rid of it. It could be so much more high octane and full of suspense, and more about outplaying your opponent in a fast-paced setting. I don't see anything wrong with that, unless you're not fit enough for it.. Then I could see why you'd be upset.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Indy226

Funny how Marshal YOUR FRIEND likes it the way it is

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

• Harassment
    Hey uh your friend likes a game mode it's not shit at all

Please shut the fuck up none of your friends like it since you don't have any friends

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Indy226

• Harassment
    Whenever I see your sentences, I’m reminded that God has a great sense of humor.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lmao the funniest exchange of insults I’ve ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I have significantly lowered the rate of the frag storm fun round. It was set to a higher rate for the anniversary event and then it was supposed to be reduced but the build never went through. You shouldn't be seeing it as much anymore.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  12. yesdaddy

yesdaddy Regular Member

bomb rush is fine but yes frag storm is shit on massive maps

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  13. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

I kid you not, yesterday we had a 9-minute round of frag storm on office. Reducing the frequency at which the gamemode pops up does not fix the underlying problem that it sucks big dicks, and it's easily fixable. I bring up valid points but Highwon decides to take the lazy route by changing one variable and calling it a day, completely ignoring everything I said.

What is the actual point of the grenade timer, if the nade doesn't explode when the timer is up? Literally nothing happens and there's no punishment for camping. Having the ability to cook the grenade adds an extra bit of skill beyond people jumping around like apes.

@Frosty The Gamer as the new dev around here mby you can do something about this, seeing as Highwon doesn't seem to care lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

We're currently looking into this and it's been added to our to-do list in terms of investigating.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

You know what that means. It will never be fixed. Just like Christmastown crashing the server. Oh wait, the server is so dogshit that it crashes on any map there is. Maybe fix your shitty, poorly coded RTV system, that might actually fix the crashing.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Yellow

Yellow VIP

hoes mad

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Jeez. I agree. Hoes mad. Everyone should take a step back and realize that the coding of this entire community was a one man operation, and is now a 2 man operation. And you need to be patient, because people have lives outside of SGM.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Opalium?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  19. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

Anyways after we have gotten "hoes mad" out of the way, after witnessing that 9 minute fragstorm round I agree. Putting together some of the suggestions other people have said, make it so you can cook the grenades, failure to throw the grenade in time results in you blowing up, make the time before it blows up shorter as the round goes on, and mild impact damage won't make it so two near-death people aren't chasing each other throughout the map for 5 minutes

20. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I understand your frustration. Currently, the way I work on code and contribute is limited, but I'm hoping in the future there can be a way where I have direct access to the code to make things like bug reports and QOL implemented much quicker. I can promise you that the lead admins and I have already talked about this, and it is just a matter of reaching out to Highwon.

As for server crashing, no it has nothing to do with the RTV system. The servers crash soon after the winning map has been determined. The only code (probably) in the RTV system is a call to change the map; 1 line of code. Most likely what is causing the crash is a final query to our MySQL DB which isn't working too well. Don't take this response as the exact reasoning as to why the server is crashing,

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1