For future reference, id like to have an admins opinon

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by leopard, Oct 17, 2013.

1. leopard

leopard Member

On bowling alley i was an inno and went in the room which was about 5 exploding barrels in it. I said in voice chat "dont come in, im blowing up the barrels." I then blow up the barrels away from the door and then proceed to begin blowing up the one next to the door. The barrel lights on fire and then the door opens up. i say urgently "dont come in, dont come in." He ignores the warning, comes in and is blown up by the barrel that was already on fire. He was a t, i am slain next round. For future reference, i would like to hear an admins opinion on this because i feel that if someone makes it clear that their intention is to blow up barrels and warns everyone about it, they should not be responsible for someone ignoring all of the warnings.
    Note: i am not contesting the slay, i simply want to hear an admins POV in case a similar situation happens again.

2. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I say that there shouldnt have been a slain issued if you typed the message. As he might have not heard it.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

4. leopard

leopard Member

No, it was all in voice chat, just edited that for clarity

5. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I wouldn't slay if I had witnessed what you described first-hand. But it is a tough judgement call for a mod that didnt see exactly what happened.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'll be honest that I didn't hear anything.

7. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Then I probably would have slain. If you don't want to RDM, don't shoot barrels. That's the lesson here I think.

8. Ahpux Ninja

Ahpux Ninja Well-Known Member

Even if you warn, I don't think you should shoot at explosive barrels at all. I'd slay even if I heard it. Shooting explosive barrels is kosable, so if you were to kill someone, you should be slayed.

9. Slippery

Slippery VIP

if i saw you give a fair warning or if anybody else had seen it then i would'nt slay you.

10. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

Make sure you say "Hey Cupcake Mayhem get out of this room I'm going to be blowing up these barrels.

11. Yeah, I don't agree with this. There should always be a slay even if you warn. I once saw someone throw an incin in the corner of the map on Nipperhouse and a mod actually made a point to run into the fire, and told him he can be slain.

"Hey guys I'm going to shoot in front of me so don't walk in front of me."

People are playing a game, not trying to watch and be wary of everything YOU are doing. If there's a conflict, you don't put a barrier between the conflict and hope to prevent trouble on it's way to potentially harmed victims - you stop the conflict.

Leopard this isn't just directed at you, this is a general opinion.

12. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Couldn't have said it better. A slay will absolutely be given in this case.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  13. leopard

leopard Member

That's a good point, i hadn't thought about it that way before.

14. Thanks for accepting my point of view leopard. Like I said, when I mentioned it in-game, and now, I don't mean this just at you at all.

15. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

This is why you should still be a mod.