Following my friends

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by sam., Aug 25, 2018.

1. sam.

sam. VIP

This isn't much of a surprise to some of you as I haven't been around for months and I'm going to try to explai@n it. I don't really have nothing much to say other than I've lost major interest in SGM and DarkRP as a whole. I realized just today that playing with friends and making memories is more important than wasting time on a gamemode that I probably won't care about since I could be somewhere else having a good time. I really enjoyed my time the first time I came around but it gradually became worse and worse by every month. I thought for awhile the main reason I wasn't around and uninstalled Gmod was because of me just losing interest in TTT. Sadly that wasn't the reason. SGM made me slowly hate Gmod to where playing other servers even was just not fun. Even the greatly developed ones that have made more progress than here in 2 years. Playing with people I actually enjoy being around is more important to me than sitting here helping with DarkRP to have it indefinitely fail.

In the end I've decided to just stay away from SGM forever. You know that one saying?
    "They always come back."
    That was a saying because of how good it felt to be around here and it was actually fun. It doesn't take the gamemode for a place to be popular; it takes the people. Sadly I cannot find playing here fun anymore since many of my friends have moved on. I wish luck (not really) to the expanding of SGM even though I know it won't go well. 5 years is a long time; maybe even too long for a gmod community.

@Xproplayer @Opalium @My Dime Is Up - Sorry that I wasn't able to help with DarkRP fully. I lost interest quickly after May.

@HelixSpiral - You're always a helping hand but no matter the 'quality' of things it won't fix the emptiness this community has had for a long time.

@ekksdee - XD?

@Machinekiller00 - u just asked for it

@POP STAR - [​IMG]

@Jaysu - [​IMG]

In the end I'm glad I was 'apart' of the community. To most, this may seem like nothing to you, which it is, but it's ultimately just me voicing my opinion and explaining why I've been inactive and will not be apart of the community anymore. I'll miss a handful of you but to the rest of you; have fun while this lasts.

さよなら

• Friendly x 13
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

cya sam

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yeah. I'm glad you are leaving. Whenever we talked on steam you made it feel like this place has given you nothing but anger and sadness. I am happy that you have finally found something positive, as opposed to this. Hope you have leagues more fun with your friends bud.

• Friendly x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Sam the man. You always had fun outside of SGM and Gmod in general. Sad you are leaving but glad to see you making steps in the right direction.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Goodbye :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Sad to see another player go, but I’m glad you are moving towards something you enjoy as opposed to something you don’t.

Adios

7. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Adios friend

8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Have fun and stay safe wherever life leads you :LOL:

9. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Safe travels, sam. Good luck with whatever comes next, and thank you for your help.

10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

We better launch darkrp in this mans memory

Tag me in

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

[​IMG]

Srsly, this project would be nothing without you (Do we still need a release thread @Opalium :~)). I would have never learned as much programming without you, pushing me and giving me ideas, and creating things I thought I could never create. Not only will this affect the DarkRP project, but my career. I am now taking a C# and WPF programming class this year, and I would have thought I was only good enough for low-level Lua coding. You are amazing, and I understand how you are, you may never come back. But for the love of god, when DarkRP is release, give it a try. Look at what you originally wanted and pushed me to do. 85% of the gamemode is of your input. So please, for your sake and my sake, try it. You have affected my digital presence and my life career.

~ Pete

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Take care of yourself dude- you always know how to get a hold of me, and we'll still be here when you decide to come back. :) Hit me up anytime dude.

13. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

Adios

14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

dammnit samhohohohoholio

• Funny Funny x 1