Fix for Fragstorm

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Silent Rebel, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I think frag storm would be a lot more fun if the grenade throws spawn faster. If it affects performance then instead of throwing 10 grenades make it throw maybe 3-4 or whatever a good balance would be. They should spawn at least 2x as fast if not more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Or make it so you can prime the grenades. or maybe lower the number and make it so you can prime them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

or just lower the % of it happening and it won't be as bad

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

The things that causes fragstorm rounds to last forever is
    1. Running away from others
    2. Nades taking so long to blow (enabling the running away)

This would only make people more afraid to be around other players, delaying the round even more. A lot of deaths currently are people gambling on getting the nades first (because the chances of same time receiving are so low).

This is the correct answer. Bigger explosions, faster explosions / cooking, or farther yeets are the only way to make the round faster, and as far as I know the only one of these options Highwon could easily alter is what Ryan suggested

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Yeah I think that'd work too. I imagined the reason its so easy to just run away is due to only one person being able to throw at a time. If you have grenades coming at you from multiple directions because more people are throwing grenades, would be a lot harder to run away imo. Like if everybody could throw grenades at the same time it would be over super quick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RFcoil

RFcoil Yes VIP

If holding the frags in your hand caused the nade to blow up, it would compel people to camp less and make the rounds go by a bit faster as well as helping with the nades blowing up too late and allowing people to escape. So for example the timer being 5 seconds before detonation would cause quick thinking and or panic, as well as quicker rounds.

• Agree Agree x 2