Fix all these issues and remove PVP in claims.

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by RaYm0nD, Jan 29, 2017.

1. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Everything was fine until you did this. Leave the people that don't want to PVP ALONE.

The only people that wanted this garbage were the Elites with their ./kit elite bullcrap, And all the other VIPs with their pay 2 win kits. (Also some x-rayers)

1. Remove PVP in claims:
    a) All donators have an unfair advantage. ./kit elite is the worst of them all. (Which is not allowed by Mojang's EULA, But let's just whistle and ignore it).
    b) Anyone can get in your claim. By enderpearls, chorus fruit and nerdpoles.
    c) There's a lot of people that do not want to PVP and you're forcing them.

2. The market is EXTREMELY expensive:

a) Expand the market with chests that can be used to SELL. There's like 1 chest that can be used to sell. Make them items that can be farmed. Like cactus,carrots,potatoes,etc. (Materials like cobble,dirt, wood, etc can be used too)
    b) Lower the prices, 500$ for one carrot is insane. People are selling these for almost 10$ a piece. Also 20k for a creeper head doesn't sound like a great idea.
    c) Get a default price listing in place . People will guide themselves from there and adjust their own prices.

3. Allow players to change from PVP or PVE:

Like I said there are a lot of people that don't want to PVP and some who do. It's better if you don't force them to make the choice (Like enabling pvp in claims).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I agree with most of this, but #3 would need to be more fleshed out. If it were a toggle ability, it would need a very long cooldown, otherwise it would be abused.

Example: Player A goes to Player B's base and kills him, takes his stuff, and returns to his base, and turns off PVP. Player B can no longer retaliate because Player A has turned off PVP so that he can't be attacked.

If there were a toggle of PVP (which I think is just a bad idea all around) there are many other exploits such as Non-PVP scouts giving player base locations to PVP players, or /tpa'ing PVP players to surprise attack players.

Example: Player A has turned off PVP and goes to Player B's house, who has PVP turned on. Player B trusts Player A because Player A has PVP toggled off.
    Player A's friends, C and D have PVP turned on, and /TPA to Player A, and C and D then jump the unsuspecting player B.

Theres many other situations that could be exploited and honestly it would be a headache for everyone. The server has to be all PVP or all PVE. And as it is right now, it'll be PVP.

I do agree with shop prices being high considering we can't sell much to the shop, and as far as Claims PVP goes, its and odd decision by the Devs. They're honestly one step from Factions PVP and Im curious to see if they eventually fully commit to the idea. Right now the aerver still has no real "type".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

+1.

4. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I just don't want to PvP.

Minecraft wasn't designed for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I just think the Market should be removed and be player-driven, only.

• Like Like x 1
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Just a quick note on this:

[​IMG]

8. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Players may still use Enderpearls, water, Elytras, and "nerdpoles" (1x1 towers to gain vertical advatages) to enter your base.

I underatand how all these work and I can happily help you Raid-Proof your base.
    Read here for more info : http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/squidds-base-safety-service.36673/

9. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I think the server is fine the way it is now

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

If you don't want to be killed in your claim PROTECT YOURSELF. Nobody can break blocks in your claim unless they are added, so just play safer and put doors on your stuff.

11. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1

I hate now having to be skeptical of TPing players to me not knowing if they're going to kill me

And even some friends are now scared of TPing me to them even though I just wanna check out their stuff and help them out, @Sleepy

I want to show off and view other people's cribs while under the saftey of knowing that I will still be okay in the end

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Python~

Not to mention the fact that now players are camping other players, like @SavannahBananaGaming

As soon as they do their /home command, they're there waiting for them and kill them upon spawning

How was this even allowed in the first place?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

If people are spawnkilling others please let a staff member know when it happens.

14. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

This needs to be fixed. I just lost everything because I was killed INSIDE MY HOME, before I could properly spawn in, through a wall.

15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Ive seen your report, snd while I am not a staff member, I can tell you that right now you should upload pictures of your base/room so the staff can be sure that an exploit was used and not a Crack in your bases defence due to a lack of claims.

That or show an Active staff member on the server your area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

I can say after being a super admin for a minecraft server for nearly three years, I can tell you I don't miss this at all.

You guys are giving me Vietnam flashbacks. God Damn. Lol

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

No. PvP in claims shouldn't be removed. If you don't want to die, protect yourself and don't have a dogshit base. If you have an open base or a block that has an open slot in it, don't bitch if someone ender pearls in. Its your fault for having an open base or an open block.

tl;dr Dont be dogshit, protect yourself.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

lmao@everyone who rated me dumb since they don't have a comeback

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  19. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Comeback: Don't be rude.

PvP could've been handled differently, but it's done and so we adapt and move on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Python~

Not an argument.