Approved -[FF]-Calamari's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by -[FF]-Calamari, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -[FF]-Calamari

-[FF]-Calamari New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    -[FF]-Calamari
    Your Steam ID:
    therubberrubber
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Hello my in game name is Calamari and i was banned yesterday for an rdm i did not commit. So was my situation, i was the one out of five or six people and i knew they were all traitors, due to the fact that i read online in some forum for every 3 innocent there is one traitor, and there was only one t killed during the duration of the round so that mean there were 4 or 5 left. Basically to me it was one of those 1v1 situations where there are two people left and you're the innocent. if u kill him that wouldn't be rdm would it, hes the only one left, but for me they were all ts left. So i killed one or two before a t killed me and when the round ended i disconnected due to the fact that i had to go.

So today i tried logging on and it says i was banned for 4 days. knowing the rules and all i knew i had been placed under rdm and leave. I didnt know i violated this rule expecially the leave part. The admin didnt even place me under rdm slay when the round ended before i left so im sorry if i violated the rules but i wasnt aware of the rdm slay they had left for me. i know the rules and have read them carefully but this offence was my first due to the fact that i had to leave before they had given me a slay for "rdm". Also if i were given an rdm slay i would serve it without a doubt i never skipped out on the punishments the server had given me. This is the first time i have been banned i have never rdm and left.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    25% (rounded down, min 1) of players will be traitor, and 13% (rounded down) will be detective. Note that both settings are adjustable for servers and there are also settings (listed on the page linked) for setting a max for both.

ttt_traitor_pct (def. 0.25): Percentage of total players that will be a traitor. The number of players will be multiplied by this number, and then rounded down. If the result is less than 1 or more than the player count, it is clamped to those values.

ttt_detective_pct (def. 0.13): Percentage of total players that will be a detective (detective innocent). Handled similar to traitor_pct (rounded down etc).

ttt_detective_min_players (def. 10): Minimum number of players before detectives enter play. At lower playercounts it will be purely normal innocents vs traitors, at higher ones some innocents will be detective.​

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

@J.T.Ripper Banned you for RDM & Leave 1st. He'll get to your appeal whenever he can.

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporter

You killed '1 or 2' If there are 3 total players alive, including yourself you cannot just randomly 50/50 guess who Traitor and kill him, that is still RDM.

4. -[FF]-Calamari

-[FF]-Calamari New Member

No they were all ts by the end of the round and i knew it before through the 1t for evert 3i rule of thumb. Even if i didnt use this rule there had been kos called on them

5. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporter

Unless you watched them all commit a traitorous act, or are all KOS'd then you can't shoot them. Find evidence that they were all KOS'd or that they all did traitorous acts.

6. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

I will also be tagging @Gunerz as he was the one that not only brought the need for a ban to my attention, but was also the trial-mod that handled the report against you.

7. gunerz.117

gunerz.117 Spartans never die. VIP

Hello, thank you for submitting this appeal. I will respond to your appeal as soon as I get the chance.

Please be patient until I can respond.

8. gunerz.117

gunerz.117 Spartans never die. VIP

Okay, first things first.

I will start by giving the explanation for why you did commit RDM and why you were banned for RDM & Leave.

Then, I will leave it to Ripper to give the final verdict on this matter.

RDM:

You said in your appeal that you used math to determine how many traitors were left and you killed players off of this.

This is
    RDM.

There could have been players that bought detective, traitor, players leaving or joining the server mid-round, or other things that would make your math incorrect. You should not kill other players off of this. This isn't the same as a 1v1 like you compared it to, you
    can kill off of that IF all other players are dead and they're confirmed dead in the tab menu and it's just you and one other person, or if you are a detective and there is only one other player on the radar.

RDM & Leave explanation:

You left the server before a verdict had been made and before Ripper was going to administer the slay, so this is RDM & Leave.

Next time before you leave after being reported, wait a little while and ask the staff if you are okay to leave.

This would prevent the RDM & Leave ban if you are willing to take a slay next time you play on one of these servers.

Verdict:

@J.T.Ripper will give the final verdict on this report and whether to appeal this ban or not.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  9. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

Alright, while I do have the screenshot of the report, I do not have the image of you leaving as the screenshot did not take like I thought it did. I personally require both the report and/or logs, as well as the image of you leaving the server in order to keep a ban. I have also talked with Gunerz about this so that he knows for the future. I will go ahead and void the ban at this time for you and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Appeal: ACCEPTED

Thread: LOCKED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.