Favorite Smash Bros Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ThatAintFalco, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Basically tell me which smash bros game you like playing the best and give me at least one reason why you like that certain Smash game.
    Here are the choices:
    Smash 64
    Smash Bros Melee
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Project M (Modded Version of Brawl)
    Smash Bros 4

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Melee, Smash 4, Brawl, and OG Smash. Never did play Project M unfortunately.

Melee was because of the increased roster in comparison to the OG Smash. Fox OP. Also competitive was super competitive.

Smash 4 basically put most of the best of Melee and Brawl together and made it fun as hell to play. Plus the 3DS and Wii U compatibility was interesting.

Brawl was mainly because of a fun roster choice for casual play. Though it's a shame that it wasn't that great for competitive play.

OG Smash was my first taste of how characters from my favorite franchises (LoZ, Star Fox, Pokemon, Kirby, and Mario) played against each other. As a kid, I was over hyped as hell.

And for Project M, never did try to load it into my Wii, which is a shame cause of some of the characters in there would have made me happy. Not to mention Melee physics engine is far superior to Brawl's physics engine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne "Get some rest Pam ... you look tired" VIP

Super Smash Brother fir Nintendo 64 was and still is my all time favorite! I just love bringing back my childhood memories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

Smash Bro Brawl was my favorite/It was the only smash bro I've ever played.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThatAintFalco

I'd also like to say my favorite would probably be project m because I love the way that project m brings the whole Brawl roster into play with a few more stages and has Melee physics such as wavedashing, L-canceling, etc. and it's just so much fucking fun to play. I watch smash tournaments on YouTube pretty much every day :p

6. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

dis one

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i dont understand whats happening

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Smash Bros Melee
    The reason being is because of the Link character. I always love Link and master him in every Smash Bros.

9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

melee

10. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

Melee solely for nostalgia sake, most of my childhood revolved around the gamecube and melee was no exception. It had all the og nintendo characters battling one another, what's not to love about that? Plus my first exposure to Roy was from playing that game and was my favorite. (which is why my username is roy)

That being said because I grew up with the gamecube, smash 64 was a game I never had the chance to play.

Brawl was a bit iffy for me while it did bring a ton of new content and fun times to play it with my friends, it wasn't the same feeling as compared to melee, it just felt a bit slower. But I wouldn't say it's bad.

Smash 4 is imo what Brawl should've been, it brought a ton of new characters while keeping a formula that appealed to melee fans!

11. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Super smash bros melee was my favorite!

Fox is OP, Samus is pretty cool. I also played as Sheik a lot cause I thought the outfit and needle storm was cool :D

12. ThatAintFalco

Normally when I watch tournaments, I always root for the lower tier characters. The high and top tiers are kinda meh for me. I just enjoy watching the low tiers :D

13. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Melee is the best, it has the highest skill ceiling and one of the best competitive scenes out of all the fighting games. PS if you want to get into competitive melee, here's a playlist that can help https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoU3TQBakHOrE9yYdNlsmG74LEB0Mf3h8

64 is a close second thanks to the insane combos that can happen, it skill ceiling is also high but there isn't a large competitive scene to support it.

Smash 4 is alright, the skill ceiling for this game isn't very high, there are a lot of upsets in tournaments and it very hard to stop at the top of competitive play, one of the only player that can is Zero, also at least they get sponsored and support from nintendo

PM is dead and shouldnt even be considered, although people do still try to play it. For the people wondering why it's dead is because Nintendo threatened to take legal actions against it if it continued being developed, the main reason for this is because it essentially branched off into it's own sort-of game instead of just being a Brawl Mod

Brawl is more dead than PM and definitely shouldn't be considered LOL

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. ThatAintFalco

Well I wouldn't say that Project M is dead. I see many tournaments of that game come up every day. And I love how every character is considered viable in competitive play.

15. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

ProjectM is dead because it will never be streamed on Twitch, it can only be streamed on hitbox.tv/Smashcast.tv, and it will never be developed further due to the development team disbanding thanks to Nintendo's legal threats. The reason every character is viable is because they went with the balancing ideology that in order to make every character equal to one another they'll just make them all overpowered or have some ridiculous jank to make them better.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. ThatAintFalco

That's why it's a modded game not a real game. ;)