Favorite Movie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Zer0z, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Zer0z

Zer0z Hotline Blinger VIP

I know the year has just begun and there really haven't been many movies that came out yet, but what are your guy's favorite movies from the past year or two?
    Mine would have to be Deadpool, Interstellar and Gone girl.
    Predestination was a good one also.

2. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Entire Star Wars saga including the most recent one.

3. Talladega Nights, Happy Gilmore, Rush Hour, The Godfather, Goodfellas, Cllint Eastwood Dirty harry,etc.

4. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Deadpool won it for me.

5. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

Gladiator (2000)

6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption (given), Inglorious Bastards, any Quentin Tarantino movie.

7. Zer0z

Hateful Eight? Django?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

All of them. I was a kid when I saw kill Bill and only enjoyed it because of all the gore. That's what made me keep watching tbh haha

9. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Kingsman the secret service, the cornetto trilogy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Most Monthy Python stuff

Seven Samurai

Akira

Adam Sandler's good stuff

11. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

End of Evangelion (not a standalone movie/has to be watched with the show, but the best movie I've ever seen/has affected me the most).

Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Wild at Heart (David Lynch stuff)

Adventures of Antoine Doinel (All 4, or 5? Can't remember, been so long, but all great).

Sonatine (soooo cute. just a bunch of yakuza playing around having fun on the beach. i love it. touches my heart).

12. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

From the past year or two, I'd have to say that Deadpool is pretty top on the list. Although it's not out yet, planning to see Alice Through the Looking Glass, will tell if it's as good as the first.

13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Mr Nobody. Favorite movie EVER hands down. I love super surreal sci-fi flicks like Mr nobody and Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. I think they would have to be my 2 favorite movies.
    Is about a guy who is seeing all of his possible realities at the same time. It's playing on the fact that with every choice we make, our reality splits into 2 pathways, creating alternate timelines/realities in which 2 different choices were made. This guy is living through all of this realities at the same time, which is kind of confusing to follow (but there's really only 3 main timelines you need to pay attention anyways). It's a love story when you get down to it, but it's a great one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This movie is super weird because it has jim carrey in a serious role and I haven't seen it until more recently. Basically it's about a couple whos relationship goes bad, so she girl goes to have her memory wiped of him (apparently in this movie, deleting targeted memories is a thing). So the guy goes to get his memories erased. As his memories are being erased, he realizes how much the girl meant and it's just super surreal and weird. The movie follows jim carrey reliving his experiences with this girl, and eventually trying to stop the memories from being erased. It's a sad flick, I'm always a sucker for cheap romances. It's sad to see jim carrey rekindling his relationship in his memories, only to see the girl yanked away into the darkness seconds later. Also, pretty much all the dream sequence effects were made with practical effects like perspective shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Lazer Team

Ponyo

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

The Fox and The Hound

The Aristocats

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Zer0z

Kingsman was a great unexpected movie!
    It looks like it will be pretty good!
    Mr Nobody was such a good movie. Took a little bit to understand but was worth it!
    Just saw Lazer Team :)

16. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

Not gonna lie I liked Mad Max : Fury Road a lot. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

17. Zer0z

I found it boring :/

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

@Yatty
    I actually re-watched The Aristocats last week, I hadn't seen it since I was a wee little lad and I couldn't stop feeling old and had a few laugh attacks while watching it. Edgar is the best cat snatcher.

As for my single favourite movie it has to be hands down Chuck Palahniuk's "Fight Club" directed by David Fincher in 1999, I have read the book three times and watched the movie 12 times. I could write a paper, which I actually did in my Grade 11 English class, on why I find this movie/book phenominal, but I won't because I am lethargic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fever

Fever SiCKER THAN PNEUMONiA VIP

Anything by Tarantino. I love him so much.

• Agree Agree x 2