Favorite Anime/Manga Series?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Teapot, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Samurai Champloo
    Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Kill La Kill
    Sword Art Online
    Ai no Exorcist
    Cowboy Bebop
    Gangsta
    One Punch Man.
    My list can go on, but this is a few portion I like to rewatch again. Not a manga type of person, though I'm reconsidering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

I would rewatch Full Metal Alchemist ^0^ but i have other anime to watch :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

Here a Clip.
    You Guys should watch this anime ^-^

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

1. Shokugeki no Soma (Food wars)
    2. Tokyo Ghoul
    3. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    4. Noragami
    5. One Punch Man

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Bumping this because i need some new ones to watch and ima anime noob so

Watched
    • Death Note
    Watching
    • Food Wars (Shokugeki no Soma)
    • Hyoka
    • Akuma No Riddle
    Help pls

6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

D00d ima help you out in a hour or so. Stay posted :woot:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. CorallocinB

So, idk if using the @ function in an edit on a 55+ minute old post would notify someone so I'll just double post. No big deal.

@Carned

Alright, so it'd be a waste to list to you all of the great anime series that are generally well received. You know what you like, probably more so with regular television than anime but nevertheless here's what I'll do for ya. Firstly, a warning: Any drama series will most likely work off of melodrama. The Japanese work off of melodrama the most out of any other entertainment business in the world, so do not think of something as cheesy if it becomes melodramatic. The rest is basically your appeal.

Here's a variety of shows (with genre/description) that you should try out to get your feet wet in anime. These shows, if you like them, will be your foundation to what you like as a viewer. That said, they're not necessarily considered the best shows in the anime industry however you should try these out first before you possibly become a fanboy of the best shows in the business:

(My grade/General Grade out of 10)

(7/7.97) - Bleach (Shounen, very long show, reputation for FILLER arcs, main story content is generally well liked)
    (7.5/8.9) - Code Geass (Sci-Fi Military Mecha based around people of nobility, often is overhyped by fans)
    (6/7.9) - Black Butler (A show based around a teen of nobility in an historical era with a demonic influence, the series tends to fade over time but the comedy of the show is well liked)
    (7/8.45) - Angel Beats (A supernatural drama that's held up together by comedy, falls apart due to many plot holes however it's considered a cult classic at this point for a reason you may see soon enough)
    (7/7.8) - Hetalia (A comedy that parodies countries all over the world, 5 minute episodes so it's a nice thing to watch when you want to kill a little time however that's basically what turns people off, keep in mind that yea this is made by Japanese folk so it'll help introduce to you how they work out comedy)
    (6/7.3) - Tamako Market (A Slice of Life (SoL) show that's full of energetic characters and keeps things interesting with comedy and puzzling situations, falls apart due to it being highly considered a failure to its predecessor of which it tried to mimic however the movie for the show was well received)
    (8/7.7) - Isshuukan Friends. (Romantic SoL with a twist, doesn't necessarily have any blaring flaws except for the fact that it was shorter than expected)
    (8/7.7) - Yuru Yuri (A moe SoL that does comedy based off of Yuri (AKA female homosexuality, there's nothing hardcore in this show at all. Very innocent show), very well received by most people)

Other animu fans, I'm not giving him a laundry list. Just picked a few things from a few genres dont prosecute me for it :cry:

Again, I would recommend getting your feet wet in those genres of shows so you can build up what you like and dislike from anime. However, if you want to just want some damn good entertainment then here you go:

Here's some of the crowns of anime that I have seen and like. These I believe have been generally well received and would appeal to many people:

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (AKA FMAB, Considered one of the best all around shows in the industry)
    - Cowboy Bebop (An older anime, but highly considered the one of the best from its era)
    - Baccano (Historical anime based on 1920's America, works off of supernatural additions and very good comedy, sometimes disliked though due to the way the story is told)
    - Clannad (If you liked Angel Beats, you should like this. There's no action, but it's considered one of the best anime dramas in recent history. First half is a comedy Harem (1 man, many women) SoL, 2nd half is a SoL drama)
    - Steins;Gate (My favorite show period. It is hurt publicly due to hype and because the first half is VERY SLOW, but as long as you do not hate time traveling it's something I recommend. One of the most generally well liked shows out there behind FMAB).
    - Nichijou (If you want to try something a bit more slapstick than Hetalia and get a true taste of Japanese comedy, here you go. Considered as one of the best pure comedies in anime)
    - Corpse Party (Considered a horror "movie", it's basically a show of pure visual cringe that's done very well. All other aspects of the show fall short)
    - Hunter x Hunter (2011) (Cut short due to lack of manga content, it is still considered the best shounen in the industry held together by a plethora of characters and well received comedy. Not a kids show)
    - Akira (One of the best movies to come out of Japan and one of the top 3 anime movies of all time and this is based off of highly acclaimed film critics around the world and the anime audiences)
    - Ore Monogatari!! (Romantic SoL, recently aired and receiving positive reception even though the characters turn many people off based on visual appearance)
    - K-On (Considered a staple in moe anime, works well with comedy and also has one of the most recognizable OSTs to boot. It's the show that Tamako Market attempted to mimic)
    - Higurashi ("horror" moe at its finest, be warned you may cringe watching this more than corpse party)
    - Monogatari Series (A show based off of Novels, so the animation studio animated in such as way to keep visual simulation high while the show is based off of primarily verbal content which turns off many people however the story intrigues people to no end. There's a specific way to watch the series and if you're interested lemme know)

EDIT:- One Punch Man (Out of fear from what Im posting below this, here you go. One of the best action comedies to come out in the past few years, it doesn't have a story but instead works off of just action. Main character: Someone who does superhero work as a hobby.)

Again, same as the first spoiler. Dont fucking crucify me animu fans. There's definitely a lot more out there I could list :woot:

Enjoy bruh.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Thanks! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

Tbh I don't really have a favorite

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

Watch Hyouka its legendary.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. try this one out, its the best.
    @Sinz

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Old Old x 3
  12. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

If you liked the plot of SAO then you should check out Log Horizon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

Log horizon was great

Better than SAO in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Full metal alchemist 1 and brotherhood and both naruto's (naruto and Shippuden) and bleach those are my all time favs

15. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

16. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

Recently I've been watching Kimi ni Todoke .
    I'm loving it so far ^-^

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. CorallocinB

Holy fuck, I just started it 2 days ago and it's literally the greatest thing ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

3 days ago for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bobby Ross

Bobby Ross Beat the devil out of it! VIP

Off-Topic: I don't watch anime much anymore, sorry if this offends anyone but the audience it has can sometimes be a little to vocal about their enjoyment in my opinion.

On-Topic: The last one I watched was One Punch, really enjoyed that. My all-time favorite is Cowboy Bebop though, it's just to classic to not list as my favorite. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CorallocinB

d00d

I just finished it. It's the most infuriatingly joyful romance I've seen. How'd it go for ya?