Favorite Anime/Manga Series?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Teapot, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Anyone got any recommendations for a Detective/Mystery anime?

2. AirportJake

AirportJake Most Trees Are Blue VIP

I mean....Death Note

3. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

These don't nesecarily go with detectives but are still mystery. Not much detective anime out there :(. Some are a bit on the psychological side

Monster
    Mousou Daririnin (Paranoia Agent)
    Shinreigari: Ghost Hound

Mushishi could fit under that
    Boogiepop Wa Warawanai (Boogiepop Phantom) don't let the name make you wary
    if you want a more silly and comedic one Cuticle Tantei Inaba
    Denpa Tenki no Kanojo a two part OVA, it's a nice mystery
    UN-GO more of a last resort it was an okay anime but it's a mystery detective soo.
    Death Note if you haven't already
    Detective Conan if you're up for the length

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. AirportJake

AirportJake Most Trees Are Blue VIP

I started Psycho Pass, but I couldnt really get into it. Thats a psychological detective thriller anime.

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Banned

Death Note

6. Rek

Rek Ø

I finished Overlord last night, was pretty good definitely enjoyed it. @Sir Lemoncakes

Anyone got ideas for my next anime? I love action based (Fate Zero/ First half of SAO), but I also like a semi-adult like plot or thriller. (Deathnote/Psychopass/ TG: Root A)

@Robokiller87 I've seen FMA:B, started Steins;gate but never finished 'cuz too slow, also seen a few others I feel like, but I only started watching anime a few months ago :eek:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Keep posted on this comment, also it'd help if you lemme know what else you've seen. But if you haven't seen anything outside of that shit then keep posted.

@Rek Maybe this'll let you know the edit is done.

EDIT-

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Now, if you are really into anime you'd have seen this already. So that's why im asking what have you seen yet)
    - Hunter x Hunter (2011) (Highly Recommend)
    - Soul Eater
    - Steins;Gate (Only if you don't dislike time traveling, just saw you attempted S;G. I'll let you know it picks up half way thru. It being slow at the start is good. Very good.)
    - Parasyte
    - One Punch Man
    - Code Geass, maybe?
    - Attack on Titan
    - Noragami, maybe?
    - Mirai Nikki, maybe?
    - Akame ga Kill! (I personally despise this show, but it matches what you want)
    - Trigun

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

The Heroic Legend of Arslan:https://kissanime.to/Anime/Arslan-Senki-TV-Dub/Episode-001?id=110317

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Rek

Rek Ø

Liked Noragami and OPM. Wasn't a fan of AoT. HxH looks too childish for me, is it not? I've heard good things about Code Geass, but I'll take your word that S;G picks up and I'll try to get halfway through and see if I like it.

10. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

Soul Eater is my favorite because it's the only one I got to watch entirely :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

AoT, full of gore. Just a guess at what you'd want.

HxH is not at all childish. It has an appearance of a childish show. It is gruesome. Hmmm. Lemme get you some nice action from that show without spoiling anything for ya. I would say that HxH is by far the best shounen out there. While FMAB is the best overall show, it pales in comparison to HxH in shounen quality.

[​IMG]
    Hmm.. What else.

[​IMG]

The stuff in the spoiler is about the bare minimum you'd see from the show in terms of all out fighting in graphic detail. It does get much more colorful than that.

Also, yes. That is his hand going through him.

Code Geass is very hyped, though it fits what you want to see.

Some more stuff about HxH: No, you don't have to watch the 2006 version first. This is a remake and continuation on new manga material. Furthermore, the show ended early due to being caught up with the manga but it ended very well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

DBZ (Manga and Anime, Don't like GT though)
    Naruto (Manga and the earlier parts of the anime)
    Pokemon (Anime up to the end of Sinnoh because I cannot stand B&W and X&Y series)
    Superjail
    One Piece
    Soul Eater
    Attack on Titan
    Bakugan (RIP)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mitsuch

mitsuch Member

Zankyou No terror will blow your mind, as long as you're into Psychological thrillers
    Edit : Durarara and Danganrompa are also two amazing shows

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mitsuch

mitsuch Member

Oh and for all the action thriller anime lovers, Watching Danganrompa is a MUST. It's so underrated it's anazing. It's one of the best shounen/koukou settings I've seen. CHECK IT OUT. It's not that long.

15. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

1. Ao No Exorcist
    2. Fate Stay Night
    3. Fate Zero
    4. Tokyo Ghoul
    5. ORIGINAL SAO (prior to GGO and Alfheim)
    6. Sailor Moon
    7. Ouran High School Host Club

I can't even rank all the others I love ;-;

16. well a month later and I've spent some time clearing a few on my watch list.
    The ones that I really enjoyed were
    1. Madoka
    2. Sakurasou
    3. Love Lab
    4. Chuunibyou

17. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

"Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?" otherwise known as DanMachi.

Not for everyone, but I find it to be fucking fantastic. If they don't make a second season, I'm going to punch a lot of holes into a wall.

18. [​IMG]
    Aaand on a more serious note, me and my sister would watch Naruto back in the day. That and the original Dragonball. That was the shit back then. I never really liked any anime or manga besides One Piece after that.

19. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

My favorite few are probably:
    1) No Game No Life
    2) One Punch man
    3) Fate zero/unlimited blade works
    4) Akame ga kill
    5) Space dandy

If you are trying to find a theme in them... there isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze