Farewell, Community.

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by AnarkisT, Nov 29, 2018.

1. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Hello Everyone,

Didn't feel right not making one last goodbye to this community that I've been with for such a long time, but something hit me the other day, I thought to myself "Yeah, I haven't played in ages, but I still lurk around on the forums" and then I thought to myself "Wait, no, I don't". But anyway, I see myself coming on here less and less and with the shutdown inevitably on its way and more and more people leaving, I figured I would leave for good with one last goodbye. I know many of you may not even know who I am since I haven't played in awhile, but for all the oldies that do, here ya go.

I've been here a very long time, I grew up in this community in many ways, I think it was around 2013 I first showed up, but since I'm not too certain, my first (of 6) mod apps says 2014, so we'll roll with that.

[​IMG]

Over the last 4 or 5 years, this community has been my home for most of them. The people I've met here have really been incredible, I would sit here making tags, but I think if I tagged everyone who had an impact on me here, I'd literally be here for hours tagging hundreds of people, but to keep it short, a few that really really matter.

First I want to thank every admin who ever picked me up, I enjoyed serving under every one of you, even the ones who I was only with for a short time.

@irritatingness God, what do I say to you that you don't already know. You're my best friend, and one of the coolest people I've ever met. I'm glad our friendship never really stopped, and with everything we got planned down the line, I'm hoping it never does. Thank you for everything, you're like a brother to me.

@Scotty We don't really talk anymore, and that's really a shame since you're another great person I loved playing with. You're one of the most kind people I've ever met, please, stop by my discord sometimes, I'd love to hang with you again.

@helixspiral and @Opalium You two are the best thing to ever happen to this community. I don't know all the specifics, but it seems clear that both of you worked your asses off to make this community a better place. I wish you the best of luck with Crescent, and even though I probably won't play too much unless you come out with a gamemode other than TTT, I'll still lurk your forums. If you take care of Crescent like you did SGM, I have no doubt it'll be a success. Thank you both for everything you guys did for the community, everyone should appreciate it, I know I do.

This community has really changed my life in ways I didn't think possible of a gaming community. I loved my time here, and I always knew I'd see the day come where I ended up leaving for good, but well, this is it. Take care everyone, its been a pleasure.

Farewell,

-AnarkisT

• Friendly x 13
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

AnarkisT,

Man seeing that typed out means a lot to me it really does. Hopefully you will pop on Crescent everyone once in a while. And I have been hella busy with work which is why I lost touch with a lot of these folks including yourself. I will drop by your discord here soon, maybe not today but definitely in the near future. Love you man and always enjoyed the times with you, even tho the golf it shit did get kind of annoying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Take care broseph. I love you.

4. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

you do know everything went downhill after opal was made co-owner, right?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. AnarkisT

As you can see by this graph

[​IMG]

This graph would seem to imply that Nick Cage makes people drown, but as any logical individual could see that the two are not related at all.

If Opal took over and was a tyrannical owner who ruined the community, I might agree, but he literally made incredibly detailed updates on his own time just for the community, so I don't understand what you're trying to imply.

Point is, Correlation does not equal causation, Nick Cage doesn't make people drown, and Opalium didn't cause this community to fail.

Stop trying to start shit on my farewell, that's not what its for, I'm not responding to this again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

im still mad -teezy

• Like Like x 2
  8. AnarkisT

Now that, is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

That graph would only apply if Nick cage took a job as a life guard at the pool where the drownings were recorded. Simple terms Opalium = lifeguard, the community = swimmers.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. AnarkisT

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  11. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Sorry, I like stats, Hate when people use them improperly by trying to compare 2 things that have nothing to do with one another.

*edit, the stats are also wrong, they've been on a steady incline sadly,
    geez rating the drownings dumb? You people are terrible human beings.....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

hey anarkist, i see i didnt get a tag, :cry:, and for that u get 1 final dumb.

May our dumbwars never be forgotten

see ya bud

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. AnarkisT

Never forget :c

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

It's nice to see some familiar names while I wait for the end. 2014 was the most fun I ever had playing Gmod.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Zypther

oh yeah, btw i claim to be the victor. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. AnarkisT

You can claim to be the victor all you want, but we all know who won.

Its been forever man, hope everythings going well. You still look like homeless jesus with that hair?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  17. Zypther

IS THIS A DECLARATION OF WAR?

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Sorry but I had to cut my hair for a job.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1