Fallout 4 wishlist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Muffin, Dec 28, 2014.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Do you even Fallout? S'all about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adversary

Adversary VIP

In Fallout 2 the Enclave was eradicated by the NCR with the help of the Chosen One. In Fallout 3 they were eradicated again by the BoS. There should be absolutely no reason that they appear in Fallout 4 in any way other than the remenants of the East coast Enclave.

3. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

All I want is Fallout4 since I am a massive fan girl of the series and have spent far too much time on them as is. I NEED MY FIX!
    You cannot kill an idea.

4. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

You killed off like four members of the enclave. Not exactly like it was a huge chapter. The enclave is a group that spanned the country, and had various amounts of post oil refinery recruitment. So it's totally reasonable that some enclave exist in Boston. I'd even be willing to bet there are a number of secret members involved in the institute.

• Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  5. Adversary

Adversary VIP

Absolutely not. All of the Enclave's forces originated and were concentrated around the Poseidon Oil Rig in Fallout 2. A large handful of officials migrated east to Raven Rock before the destruction of the rig. The Enclave in Fallout 3 was a shattered and broken Enclave, where their leader is a computer and their only way to distribute the modified FEV is through the magical Jeffersonian water purifier, since they didn't have the resources to launch it into the Earths jet stream.

6. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Misread thought you were talking about the remnants in New Vegas. Anyway, I'm fairly certain we'll see some enclave forces in this game, even if they are on a similar scale with the remnants in fallout NV.

• Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  7. reggieBEAR

reggieBEAR Guest

Bethesda didn't make Fallout New Vegas. Obsidian did.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  8. reggieBEAR

reggieBEAR Guest

Honestly, I wanted a completely new Fallout. Same Concept but different HUD and stuff like that. Which is happening

9. Adversary

Adversary VIP

Did you seriously think that I didn't know that?

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

They better not remove speech. That was all I used, I was actually able to convince president Eden to blow up his own base.

11. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

If you watched the gameplay footage, you can see it's still intact but now your character actually speaks which I think is cool.

12. Adversary

Adversary VIP

No more character projection, limited dialogue options and one voice actor per gender. That's also going to be a thing with having a voiced MC in Fallout.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

I can conclude one thing after watching the e3 reveal

Bethesda. Fucking. Nailed. It.

November 10th woooooo

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Finn

Finn Human VIP

They literally held your hand through the dialogue options in the e3 demo and you still walked away with this conclusion?

The dialogue options are as varied and dependent on previous dialogue and stats as they were in previous iterations, and character immersion is dependent on the player, not the material. How do you think movies work? Plus they have thousands upon thousands of custom names recorded so that the name you pick for your fully customizable character is actually used. For once. Ever.

You're welcome.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Adversary

Adversary VIP

Dialogue will be limited due to the fact that the MC is voiced, not because of the horrid adaptation of ME's dialogue choice wheel.

Character creation is not about making a face and setting up their stats. You are creating your character's identity, personality, and motivations. With Bethesda's idea of having one voice actor per gender, you only have a small set of rooted character choices which all stem around the same voice, with few to no variations in tone or attitude.

Oh, they say your name now. What was the point to telling me that? That literally changes nothing on how I play RPGs.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Adversary

Adversary VIP

How will mods fix that? It'll take months before someone can even try to impliment the original dialogue system.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Go watch the e3 demo again. They literally recorded a ton of dialogue options. You can always, always play your character as you see fit. Fallout never had "fill in the blank" dialogue options, you could always be douche, cool, nice, or use a stat, etc. They even added in that you could walk away from a conversation whenever you want and npcs would act appropriately.

19. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You are literally basing your opinion on one 1 minute gameplay scene from E3.
    smh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Whats so bad about having a voiced character??? Its immersive, and it won't change dialogue options. If you don't want one for whatever , just wait till sometime in 2016. Mods will be allowed then. Trust me, there'll be a mod for a non voiced char.