Answered F8 menu restricted???

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by [MZK]Lightning, May 13, 2019.

1. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Hey,

I'm new here, so please don't rip my head off if this is a stupid question.

Why are players not allowed to access the damagelogs through the F8 menu?

I ask because the time during which I'm allowed to print damagelogs is pretty much inexistant, and I'd like to know why we can't have the F8 menu.

2. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

You can access damage logs after the round is over. Easy way is to have ttt_print_damagelogs bound to a key.

3. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

The command ttt_print_damagelogs can at end of round (except for funrounds) be typed into your console, and you will be given the damagelogs for the round you just played, the F8 menu is restricted for staff usage. ouo

4. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I think it's because the F8 menu gives too much information. It gives more information than the ttt_print_damagelog command. Now you might be thinking "But what does it matter? The round is already over, so no matter how much information it gives me, it doesn't make a difference!".

Well, as far as I can remember, the logic behind it is that someone who got reported for RDM could look through the damage logs for anything that could potentially incriminate the RDM victim, and then claim that they witnessed it.

For example, let's say you decide to RDM Lordy because you're mad or something. Then you get reported. You then look through the F8 damage logs that tell you that Lordy bought a harpoon in the beginning. You can now simply claim that you saw Lordy running around with a harpoon at some point and get away with RDM.