Answered Extremely short trial phases

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Cash, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Why are there some extremely short trial phases for players who hadn't been staff for awhile? i.e. Nyra had a 1 day trial phase yet their last tenure was mid-2016. Lots has changed rule-wise and even then you don't re-learn everything within 24 hours.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Its up to the admin if they seem fit. In the case of Nyra, Agent A felt they were ready within the one day trial phase.

3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Nothing really against Nyra, but she already missed an RDM & Leave after claiming everything stuck with her so clearly a longer trial phase was needed

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

It all depends on when the admin decides their trial mod is ready to take the step up to full moderator. In Nyra's case, they showed to be competent handling reports in a timely manner while communicating with players and what not. So in their case the trial period was shorter than usual.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

You can learn rules via just playing the games.
    You don't always need to learn everything in trial stage when you can do it as a regular player.

Sometimes, the trial mod hasn't lost their touch in handling reports, communicating with players, and what not to the point that it makes no sense to keep them as trial mod.

Honestly, human.
    You need to chill out and stop worrying about everything.
    You demand perfection from your idealistic views, but we're all just humans here.
    We all make mistakes and can't always catch everything.
    Besides, we don't always know the full story.
    Maybe, he came back and served the slay.
    However, people make mistakes because we're all human beings.

• Dumb x 11
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic x 1