Extreme Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Amatsu, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

So, to update the scoreboard, you have to setup "teams" as the vanilla MC has to display information there. For some reason, these teams are being stored in the scoreboard.dat file. As far as I know, this isn't really necessary, but is done anyway.

If it continues to be an incredible issue, I'll look into trying to find out where in McMMO this occurs and whether or not I can fix it. But before then, we've got a few other pressing matters to attend to. For now I can just remove that file every time it starts acting up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Wow it sure is fixed. I logged into the server in less than 3 seconds, no joke. xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

While the main connection issue is resolved, I must unfortunately report there are additional issues. Spleef causes lag, possibly server wide, on round start, and the lag at win/lose is still present. In addition, it seems almost every, if not every, MCMMO command induces some data to download, for no obvious reason. This too causes me lag.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EhhChris

I'll start looking into some more of these issues this weekend once I've hopefully finished a few other things. McMMO lag spikes may be a result of the scoreboard growing again, as it likes to do dirty things with it. I'll delete that file again tonight during a restart.

Spleef is something I can run timings on and hopefully modify the source to fix any obvious poor practices.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Veno

Veno Emerald

Thanks for getting the main issue figured out! It was getting a bit frustrating waiting 15 minutes at some points just to log in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Issues with MCMMO commands confirmed fixed for the time being. I haven't had time to test Spleef but will try to do so as soon as possible. I have other issues, but not related to connections, so those will go in a new thread.

7. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Update: Spleef issues largely resolved and now it's down to like a 2-3 second delay as the match starts, and about a 5-7 second delay upon completion of the match. Much better.

8. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Why is this not a thing anymore?
    It seems I'm back where I started with taking just under a minute to load into the server. :(

9. EhhChris

I'll fix this again tonight; I've been doing it manually until I can work out an automated setup. It'd be nice if I could just have the file deleted every x minutes but while the server is online the file is read into memory and saved again when it restarts so I have to delete it while the server is offline. Anyway, sorry about letting it get bad again I'm pretty sick right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. EhhChris

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.