Rejected Extend/globalize bans on malicious player

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Juice Juice™, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

When someone commits mass amounts of offenses in a short amount of time, nobody like it but them. They make the game worse for everyone involved with them, especially when you become their target. There is the argument it lets them go on and commit other offenses to ban them more extensively more quickly, but that just creates more people who have their game ruined by this person.

Just take a look at this report (Yes, It's mine, yes, I'm self-serving), but it's a clear example. I don't have all the evidence, but he committed over twelve cases of RDM in the span of 3 maps. As you can see in the final map before he got banned, he was specifically targeting myself. Not only that, but he managed to continue to harass the server for over an hour before a moderator could get to him. And yet the only punishment he will receive is the standard 5 days on East for RDM x4+

Now, I would like to hear any argument on why this guy should be allowed to stick around on the other servers, and not just be banned globally outright.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I am 100% calling bullshit on your statement “he will only get the 5 days”. Admins regularly check ban list, especially if a report, the ban will be extended.

3. Juice Juice™

If that's the case, then apologies. I had Ata state on my report that this punishment was OK, which is kind of.... Not. And I do see people go unextended, or if they were extended, it wasn't global

• Like Like x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Ata replied to the thread saying he will only get 5 days due to his first offense. This can be changed, but this is what Tom is working with

• Like Like x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

We already do this.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Oh shoot @TomCat™ my bad I hadn’t seen the reply by ata.

On a less dick note, admins do check all bans quite regularly, even if a punishment was originally given my a mod, it will 99% of the time be changed to it’s appropriate length

Again, sorry about that

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

Frequently? Even recently, I have seen multiple times where someone goes on a harassment, RDM rampage like the guy in my report, they get banned normally, then I see them playing in another server the very next day.

8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Your definition =/= their definition

9. Juice Juice™

I'm not entirely sure what that means, in this case. I'm not using the term flippantly, if that's what you're getting at ozo

10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

Okie den ozo, my bad

12. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

We do this already lol. We just believe in second chances. Ata said it best really:

Globalization + Extension is considered based off the following factors:
    Does the player have a history?
    How many offenses were committed at once?
    How serious were the offenses?
    What is the likelihood the player will come back and do it again?
    How much does it benefit the server to extend or globalize the player?
    Does the player plan to move servers if they are banned and continue?
    Does the player seem remorseful?
    Were the offenses committed intentional?

On a first ban like this you can't really be sure on many of these factors. Given your example, all we know is that his actions were deliberate and that he committed a few offenses at once. We need more offenses from a player before factors can be considered fully.

13. Juice Juice™

Globalization + Extension is considered based off the following factors:
    Does the player have a history?
    -I dont think so
    How many offenses were committed at once?
    -At least 12, and that is not counting targeting
    How serious were the offenses?
    -Pretty blatant, with the direct intent to harass or ruin someone's round right at the start
    What is the likelihood the player will come back and do it again?
    -Seeing as how they did this over the span of at least 1 hour, with previous mentions of it happening, pretty damn high
    How much does it benefit the server to extend or globalize the player?
    -Seeing as how this guy was going out of his way, and doing nothing but breaking the rules? It can only benefit
    Does the player plan to move servers if they are banned and continue?
    -I don't know this
    Does the player seem remorseful?
    -Heavily sarcastic, treating it as a joke
    Were the offenses committed intentional?

-Without a shadow of a doubt

So, in short, 5/8 of these factors clearly indicate this player is nothing but trouble. You can be sure of this by his responses and actions, without a doubt. The remaining 3 are all factors requiring time to further analyze his actions, which will only lead to more 'victims' and worsened gameplay.

His second chance can come after a global ban expires. It's just silly to let someone like this get another chance, right away, to ruin someone else's game. Exactly how many people do they have to kill, how many rounds do they have to ruin, before their first offense is enough to prove they aren't there to have fun with everyone else? What could possibly be gained by giving his person a second chance on another server, the same day they committed all these offenses?

And then, why should someone who spent hours ruining dozens of people's rounds be treated the same as someone who accidentally forgot to warn when they jihaddded, and they killed all their T-buddies (Bad example, but you know what I am saying)

14. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Considered. Not actionable always. Admins have the final say, and the way they do things is fine.

15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I used to be toxic and got multiple 16w globals, and I eventually matured and grew up. Community might sometimes be better giving a longer ban based on history but I also think people should have to be banned for at least a year cumulatively before getting a perma. IE current system seems fine.

16. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Like the others said, this is already happening. The administration constantly checks the ban list and updates/extends the bans of those who "earned" the honor. There are many factors to consider, as Paci mentioned, but eventually most bans that fall under this "category" will be handled.

Thank you for suggesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.