Approved ENEMY SPOTTED's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by ENEMY SPOTTED, Sep 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    My dad
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:40641217
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Don't even remember what happened, haven't played in a week and just found out today I'm banned for ghosting. Vaguely remember that night so I got no clue. Not sure how you determine these things, I have many players added to friends from the servers, longtime player since late 2016 and never been banned for this before, seems a bit much either way. That's all I have to say.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    No idea how to prove my innocence on this one, seeing as I was banned with no warning after I had already left the server with no conversation had between squidgy and I. I've been around serious gmod for a long time and don't ghost. A suspicion of ghosting can just as easily be rdm, in which case I should have gotten a slay.​

2. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

3. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I was told of a ghosting by a player in the game, I asked him for a screenshot of his console log to prove it was truly ghosting.

It meets two key criteria:
    1. A living player was told of round-altering information (You KOSed a living player while you were dead).
    2. I, a staff member, was online at the time and had been online long enough for you to message me / use staff chat instead, which is totally allowed for letting us know when the last T is afk.

Instead, you decided to PM a regular living player.
    [​IMG]

I confirmed with fellow staff that this warranted a ghosting ban.

4. Are you kidding me? you banned me for telling people of last afk? I'm just trying to get to the next round and stop wasting everyone's time, Extremely petty considering how long I've been here, I'm not here to ruin anyone's experience.

The "screenshot that shit" seems like bias, willingness to ban for insignificant reasons (as far as actual rulebreaking that impacts other players) because maybe you don't like me? Any reasonable person would say "oh he should have just told me" and forced the last t into spec, instead you ban, really strange. Did you consider it possible that i didn't know you were in the server? I often @ admin chat to fspec players as some can confirm.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  5. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

First off, I'd like to respond to a couple things.

I'm not usually - and wasn't in this case - biased, as I don't even know who you are.
    "Petty" implies I had some kind of personal vindication, which doesn't make sense in this context.
    Finally, I did check your stats before I went through with the ban, and they reinforced my decision.

GHOSTING

1. Ghosting is the act of providing current-round-related, game-influencing information to an alive player, or players, through means of communications other than world or team chat.
    2. False or misleading information may still be considered ghosting if it affects the round.

3. Streams must be set to a 5 minute delay. Can be longer than this, but not shorter.
    4. Acting on information that has been ghosted to you is also considered ghosting.
    EXAMPLES OF GHOSTING:
    - Telling alive players who the traitors are.
    - Sending any message that has potential to influence the current round.
    - Informing staff members that the last T is AFK is NOT ghosting.

Ghosting

• 1st offense - 4 week ban
    I totally get not wanting the round to drag on. But the fact of the matter is, when you play on a server, you agree to follow its rules, whether you've made the time to read them or not.
    I've played Gmod for a long time, and not a single major server I've seen has ever allowed ghosting. You could have easily checked that a staffmember was on.

Lastly, you were reported by another player. This means I did not go out of my way to seek a punishment for you. In fact, I run the risk of being reported myself by said player for not doing my job, which is clearly spelled out above.
    In fact, I even went to fellow staff about the situation to see if I was being too hasty, as I can be too lenient at times.

That being said, the one thing you've said that I 100% agree with is that this didn't really impact any other players.

Given the circumstances, I'll be unbanning you, but the ban will not be voided.
    This means that another ghosting ban will be 8 weeks, as laid out in our rules.

I'm hoping that won't happen!

Appeal Approved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.