Rejected Enact rule to prevent "burning" slays

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by [MZK]Lightning, Apr 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

I have a proposal to make a slight modification to the RDM and Leave section of the rules.

Scenario:
    I've been on and playing while there are staff members on. A random person comes on the server, been slain and left before the end of the slay round. The random has then not been banned for RDM and Leave.

Supporting information:
    I've asked the staff members who've been on why they haven't banned the user for RDM and Leave, and they have informed me that they cannot ban the random for RDM and Leave if they didn't themselves add the slay that the random left while serving.

Proposed Addition to the rules:
    I recommend the following punishment table for such acts of what I'm calling "Slay Avoidance":

Slay Avoidance (Joining the server for the sole purpose of getting rid of slays)
    • 1st Offense - Re-add slay to Steam ID of offender, and add note to the Admin Stats of offender
    • 2nd Offense - Re-add slay to Steam ID of offender, add note to Admin Stats of offender, and issue formal warning to offender (By Steam PM, message on Steam Profile, or upon next sighting)
    • 3rd+ Offense - Ban for RDM and Leave (current offense*)
    *By "current offense", I mean whatever offense of RDM and Leave the offender would be eligible to be banned for under the Statute of Limitations rules for RDM and Leave.

I want to see this kind of system added because it would eliminate what I see is a loophole to avoid punishments garnered through RDM offenses.

I'd like to get some feedback from he staff as to whether or not this kind of addition to the rules is feasible, so please comment away.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The reason we don't ban for RDM and leave when we weren't around to see the slay being handed out is because we usually have no idea what the full situation was. If someone joins with a slay there's a good chance that they already served an RDM and leave ban or that they appealed it successfully. There's no reason to ban someone for the same slay twice. If they've already served a 5 day ban for their RDM offense an extra slay or two hardly makes any difference.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

What Rhazh said is the reason why we dont do this in general. There isn't a reason to punish people to some extreme level for something like slay avoidance and yeah, probably from a prior ban.
    Woets made a suggestion in the past which would be an edit to the current slay system. Instead of a slay being completed when the round starts, the slay is completed when the current round ends and the player is still in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah. Gonna have to agree with the two above replies on this.

The player already had 5 days worth of not playing (which was their punishment for not serving a slay in the first place). Punishing them for something they have already been punished for is redundant.

5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

In cases where they come back from a ban, in most cases it can be argued as excessive to have to serve first/second/third offense after they already served their fourth/rdm and left. really wouldn’t make sense to double jeopardy past that

6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I agree with the two ex-leads above me, as well as the two admins above them. Ultimately it is bad practice to be banning people off a slay you had no part in. What if that slay was dished out incorrectly? What if the admin or mod let them leave the game and serve it later? What if they already got banned for that slay? What if the slays were apart of a mass rdm ban that they also already served?

7. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

rdm and leave 1st should be a perma ban

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

we are serious ttt after all

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

-1, gay

10. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

This is a very real issue with an idea like this. If we set a ban, we are expected to have evidence to back it up. Imagine that guy makes an appeal, and we only have evidence of him leaving, and no evidence of his supposed RDM. Every appeal would be Accepted.

It's just not logical for us to do bans in this manner.

I'll be marking this suggestion Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.