Economy Fix - Opinions/Criticism Welcome!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Graze, Feb 9, 2017.

1. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

This is stupid silent most people dont have a thousand villager youre asking to shit on emerald because you're making money in a way we cant.

2. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

If you ever played Cubic Castle which has a player run economy the price of everything is fucked. Everything sell for cheap because there is an infinite supply of everything. This is the same shit.

By "fixing" the economy its not gonna fix people giving away 1k item in auction or poeople selling elytra 1k.

3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Thats my entire point. Most people don't have a thousand villagers, so trade is entirely dominated by the ones that do. Money has no proper value when the average person can make, at absolute most, 10k in a day, and another player can make 100k because of assets they obtained that nobody else can.

4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Iron and gold selling can easily get you over 10k a day, but this isn't the large problem in this case.

5. Juice Juice™

X3 my point was more that we have a massive wage-gap!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Even with silk touch mcmmo, then fortune 3 pick axe it only boosts your wage by about 5k.

It would take about 2 weeks of grinding for a single creeper spawners which you would have to afk 24/7 to get even close to breaking even for the spawner.

7. Jägermeister

Jägermeister VIP Emerald

I agree with all of your points except for the /bal reset. If people realize that the economy balance of all players is going to be reset, the rich players will convert all of their money to physical goods such as spawners and diamonds. If that is the case, the process will simply repeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Juice Juice™

Not quite. A balance reset makes it so everyone starts back at zero. The rich will still have more goods, but they will have the same amount of money as everyone else to trade with, making the market much more adaptable than it is now. The rich will have more to trade with, but they won't set every price after a few weeks, or even days, pass.

9. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The current issue is that a handful of players milked early errors in decision-making for huge economical imbalance and the server has never really recovered from it. If everyone had done things on the up-and-up, it wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jägermeister

Jägermeister VIP Emerald

Also, while we are on the topic of the topic of the near future of the server, I though I could go off-topic a bit and add my two cents.

When the next update comes out for Minecraft, the world border should be expanded by 2000-3000 blocks to allow for the generation of new chunks.

11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

you can have my wooden shovel of unbreaking I for $40,000

I used the economy system to buy a cow spawner awhile ago and I honestly dislike the grind of the market to have to get things like that. It cost so much for things that shouldn't cost as much as they do. I have an idea of how you can fix it though. Firstly, I do not recommend a balance reset. All that will do is piss off the players who worked for their money and have little to no impact on the people who have millions. The people who got rich probably already bought everything they wanted, and the people who are just starting off are grinding their asses off to pay for these luxury items, to no avail when they find that their money has been stripped from them.

The easiest solution is one where everyone can be happy. Resetting balance solves nothing, as time has gone on since the start of the server and newer players got their money legitimately. I think going forward what should be done is getting rid of the sell functions and making the jobs more prominent like you said, just dont remove the money. Even the rich players will run out of money eventually if they do not work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'm not entirely sure what the negatives of the /bal reset would be, and I honestly think that the reactions to it that we're getting are overthinking a few key things. If the /balance is reset, all players will have time to spend their currency on physical goods before the change. The goal isn't to hurt anyone, it's to make it so that the dollar has value and isnt already inflated when the source for money changes. There's no reason to change the source without making sure the value is going to change too.

13. Juice Juice™

Going off what Graze just said, a Balance reset would only have a positive effect for players in the long term. In the short term, yeah, its annoying you are forced to spend what you had been saving, but its a necessary evil to make money have actual value.

• Agree Agree x 1