Rejected Easy way to make mods' life easier

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by moe, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moe

moe New Member

On Zarpgaming TTT and many other servers they have a feature where after you report someone, and they give their response, you are given the option to either forgive or keep the report.

Probably 50 % of reports are forgiven, since the reporter didn't realize they did something KOSable. didn't know he was caught killing or planting a C4 for example.

So this would reduce the amount of work mods have to do, since they would have less reports to handle.

Granted if this addon is more heavy or creates lag, it of course isn't worth adding in.

Thanks,
    moe

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

3. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

While I would appreciate this, -1. We need to supervise the servers and having players forgive others that much, or toxic groups forgiving one another is not an option.

• Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

It's a nice thought and suggestion but it's not what these servers are about, you can however politely ask a mod/admin for them to be forgiven

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

Allowing players to forgive at their own discretion can be helpful in certain situations, but also problematic. If we allow people to rdm each other and not get slain for it, it takes away from the game for everyone else. You may not care that your friend rdmed you, but now some bystander can be kosed for GBA, or for shooting your friend. And while I'm sure this isn't always the case where someone would want to forgive someone, but it happens often enough that it would be problematic to put this choice of the players. Forgiveness is already a thing, you just need to tell the staff member that you'd like to forgive the player. So long as the rdm didn't affect the round too much and was accidental, they'll usually take off the slay.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Old community had it and it ran just fine but ya know, after 8+ threads this won't be added most likely.

Never know how it goes until you add it :p

People for example sometimes use the report thing to see what in the h e c c happened, because sometimes players don't see private messages, and want to report, I have had numerous times some new person came on and said something along the lines "I thought I could forgive I just wanted to know why they did it"

So.. Neutral? I think it would help but Luna had a decent point.

8. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The the amount of discretion may be changed due to the few admins we still have. But i do not believe this will be changed.

Secondly: it is also up to the staff members as forgiveness is discretionary. If they do not find it worth it then there is no use in it.
    If a staff member found something that looks like a dummy action (like falling of a stair) they can ask the reporting player if they want to forgive or not.

Third:
    Some people lie in their report to get out of their slay. This is easily found by staff but not by a player. It can look like you got killed legit while the player either never saw you do it.

9. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

Also, even if literally everyone everywhere agreed with this, there's no one to code it in, excluding Highwon who has stated he won't be doing stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

It is not a hard code, this was coded out but it is a thing that is static with the report manager.

11. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

this has been denied like 1000 times

just lock the thread already

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sha

Sha VIP

moon server

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

even if this was wanted, we dont have a dev to do it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

I changed my mind, let them forgive its good +1

• Funny x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

moe is it really you?

16. HE STOLE MY NAME AND WON'T CHANGE IT

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Nani?

I wonder where u realized that :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

easy way to make mods lives easier tho is just ban everyone, no one to deal with. boom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

we have the same addon, however this feature was specifically removed

20. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hello,

This feature is not something that SGM is interested in at the moment.

We're going to stick with our extended and general rules for now.

You may have noticed that the extended rules recently received a facelift and in that facelift, we gave Moderators a little more discretion.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm going to deny it.

-MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.