dynmap

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Koishi, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

i always found this to be very useful in a few servers i've played in, because if you want to get to a swamp near your home, you can just look at the map and you know which direction to go to, especially now with how rtps have cooldowns, you don't have to spam rtp just to get yourself in a biome you want

so dynmap is basically a map of the entire server, it updates every while or so, if you build your house while checking dynmap, it's a plain land in one moment, and a building occupying it in the next, you can also see yourself traveling around and which direction you are looking at

more info on what dynmap is :
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...3-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Dynmap is cool, not going to lie, but it might not be the most suited for this sort of server as it would make finding bases super easy. Neutral.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Veno

Veno Emerald

I'd be in support of implementing dynmap. It'd give us a better perception of where our base is in relation to others, and to other geographical locations. The map being the size that it is, it's a bit confusing to conceptualize certain areas and their relation to your base. To those that'd say it would give PVPers an edge -- you can also use it to know whether or not someone is lurking near your base, waiting to attack you. I think it's a good idea, +1

4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

EDIT: I had an explanation behind the -1 typed out, not sure why it didn't save.

Here it is: I love Dynmap and the idea behind it but with the kind of savagery(@Giraffe and @Hingle in particular) some of the players on this server have, it'll be super helpful for them and not so helpful for the more peaceful players, like @Python~.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1