Dev Dynamic Signatures!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Funky Biskit, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Funky Biskit

Funky Biskit Member

I've heard whispers of members wanting to have dynamic signatures on here. I'm here to answer your prayers, friends!
    Here's the Github repo containing all source materials: https://github.com/TheFunkyBiskit/SeriousSignature
    If you'd like to see the code in action, just look at the bottom of my post! I need to fix it, so it's not working at the moment. Not sure why and I haven't had the time to look into it.

Here's a copy of the README in the Github repo:

Code:
    # SeriousSignature
    Created for the Serious Gmod TTT community.

Quicksand Font by Andrew Paglinawan is licensed under SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1 (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL)
    simple_html_dom.php is licensed under The MIT License, with a small modification made by Mithun Sreedharan (http://stackoverflow.com/users/174261/mithun-sreedharan)

So how do you make this work for you?

1. Edit the 'id' variable on line 7 to include your Steam ID
    2. Upload all files to a web server capable of executing PHP code
    3. Edit bg.psd as needed to customize to your liking, save as bg.png
    4. Embed sig.php in your signature at https://www.seriousgmod.com/account/signature (center it too, it looks nice!)

SIDE NOTE: IF YOU EDIT THE CODE, BE MINDFUL OF THE FACT THE THE DATA IS COMING FROM SERIOUSGMOD.COM SO TRY TO KEEP PAGE REQUESTS DOWN TO ONE PER EXECUTION, STORE ALL DATA IN THE USERDATA ARRAY IN THE GETDATA FUNCTION THEN REFERENCE THAT ARRAY ONLY, DO NOT CALL THE GETDATA FUNCTION MORE THAN ONCE.

Thanks and have fun!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Good job. Nice HS ratio. :whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

I don't know if I want to use this signature because my KD ratio is so horrible.​

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Funky Biskit

Funky Biskit Member

Good thing for you, I'm designing a service so you can customize the signature (including adding/removing data) and pay a small fee (in server points) to have everything hosted for you ;)

5. Funky Biskit

Funky Biskit Member

Hey thanks :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i want this but i have no idea what im doing, the read me doesnt really help either

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

This doesn't seem to work with my SteamID (STEAM_0:0:40843519)
    And also the image creation isn't working for me either? Do you have to have a special PHP variable setup?

• Like Like x 1
  8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

dumb this down for me then ill proudly show my 2+ KD

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

Thank you very much @Funky Biskit! I just used a random file hosting site so we'll see how it holds up.

10. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

@Funky Biskit I never created this because @Highwon never gave me permission. Have you asked him? Otherwise I wouldn't want you to waste time building a service if he's going to shut you down later on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

why would highwon veto something like this?

12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I asked him about it a long while back and he said he didn't want stats to be public. I suggested implementing functionality so that if your in-game is tied to your forum account you could enable or disable the public view of your stats. He said no. I just want to know if maybe he has changed his mind / would allow this (when he expressly told me no). If he's willing to allow it I'd love to make my own dynamic signature (though with a different backend, preferably generating images on a schedule instead of calling his page every time someone views my signature).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Funky Biskit

Funky Biskit Member

I took that into consideration but I'd imagine he's seen this thread by now and hasn't done anything about it. But if he ever wants to shut it down, it wouldn't be much trouble for him. Just delete the thread and send me a message to remove the git, easy as that :)