Dungeon Defenders II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fregley, Aug 5, 2017.

?

Do you play Dungeon Defenders 2?

1. Yes.

20.0%
  2. No.

80.0%
  1. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

[​IMG]

Hello, everyone, my name is Tactical Gamer.

I am making this thread to inform people what this game is and to see who plays the game called "Dungeon Defenders 2"

This can also be used as a reference and a starting guide.

Some questions you can ask;
    - What is the fastest way to level?
    - What is the easiest way to earn Gold?
    - How do I feed my pets?

Also if you want to play with me or have any other questions, feel free to message me or add me on Steam!

For those who don't know what this game is or what the series is; Dungeon Defenders II is the sequel of Dungeon Defenders. It's a game that mixes three aspects; Role Play, Tower Defense, and Action. You get the best of these 3, of course - You have objectives to defend, from monsters that spawn, by placing defenses and using your Hero to support them. Play in 4-man teams or solo, it's entirely up to you!

If you play this game and are having fun with it, comment your ascension level and why you enjoy it!

If you haven't heard of this game, please check it out as you will be pleasantly surprised with how the game works and plays!

The progress system in this game is very simple and easy to learn, you earn experience after each mission you complete, you earn items such as relics, armor, and shards after completing a mission.

Ascension Levels: These never end, your level cap is actually 50 but the Ascension levels allow you to progress further by upgrading your hero and your defenses.

There are multiple characters you can unlock, you also start with the following;
    - Monk (Great DPS and okay building)
    - Squire (Great Building and okay DPS)
    - Huntress (Great DPS and decent building)
    - Apprentice (Decent DPS and Good Building)

The characters you can unlock while progressing through the game are;
    - Series Ev2 (Great Builder)
    - Lavamancer (Great Builder)
    - Gunwitch (Great DPS)
    - Dryad (Terraria Hero - Great Building)
    - Abyssal Lord (Good Building)
    - Initiate (Support Hero)
    - Mystic (Good DPS)

The currency in-game varies, there are multiple types of currency you can acquire such as;
    - Defender Medals (Mainly used for buying new heroes, obtaining a set of weapons from Terraria, buying keys for your locked chest, and much more.)
    - Blue Gems (Basically the every game type of real money currency, because they cost real money they can allow you to obtain some cool things such as hero costumes that look totally awesome! However, you can obtain 600 free blue gems if you complete the entire campaign mode!)
    - Gold Coins (Generally the worst currency and super easy to gather, these coins allow you to upgrade your already owned items such as armor, they also allow you to feed your pets and much more.)

Crystal(s);
    You will be defending a Crystal from the enemies, on some occasions you may defend other things such as a building.
    You will want to adequately set up defenses to prevent a fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pets: [​IMG]
    You can easily obtain a pet after completing the mission: "Wyvern Den", you will obtain an egg and from there you will be able to hatch that egg from the hatchery.
    Pets will attack your enemies, they also have stats that are random, so pets are a good help to have.

Chaos Levels:
    These levels range from 1-7, they get harder and harder, starting at 1 ending at 7.

1: Shielded Enemies, attacking from behind is the best option.

2: Orcs that disable auras.

3: Shield Geodes come into play, they reflect projectiles.

4: Berserker orcs come into action, they are faster, stronger, and are not slowed by traps, or any movement impairing action.

5: Dark assassins are introduced here, they sneak up on the player and attack.

6: Hex Throwers are here, they throw javelins from very long range and curse your defenses!

7: Kobolts are in this chaos level, they are flying enemies that explode when they touch you or your defenses, this is a problem, they disable your defenses for around 20-30 seconds, so watch out for them!

Relics: [​IMG]
    Make sure you use the correct relics for the correct slot. You will want to look at a guide such as this video for help; .
    I was a victim of putting the wrong relics in the wrong place, you do NOT want to do what I did.
    Make sure you watch this short guide to fix a simple beginner mistake and make your progression a lot easier!

Shards:
    Shards can be used to mini-upgrade your current items and armor, they are always dropped after completing a mission so you won't run short of them.
    There are so many different Shards you can obtain, but you can only use a few at a time for one piece of equipment.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a general description made by myself, the only thing I copied was what the game was about!

Thank you for reading, remember to comment if you play this game, what your ascension level is and why you enjoy it!
    If you haven't played this game, I STRONGLY recommend you do so, it's free and will please you, this game is very fun and addicting!

I am probably missing a lot of vital information, but this is what I know from the top of my head, if I feel like I am missing anything I will make sure I add more information here, if you know something I am missing, please feel free to tell me!

Thanks for reading, best regards and have fun.
    - Tactical Gamer aka Peyton.

Happy Defending!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Dungeon Defenders is better tho

• Like Like x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

DD1 > DD2