Double Barrel poll.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Classical, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Your thoughts on Double Barrel shotgun?

1. Remove it.

12.8%
  2. Nerf it.

16.8%
  3. Leave it alone.

41.6%
  4. Don't care.(null vote)

3.2%
  5. Change to D weapon

10.4%
  6. Change to T weapon

15.2%
  1. Classical

Classical He who does not fear death dies only once. Bronze

As I see it the double barrel shotgun might be a bit overpowered compared to other "normal" guns and even in its own class of shotguns.

There could a few solutions to this:
    • Decrease overall damage by 5-10%
    • Increase bullet spread to compensate for damage.
    • A traitor only weapon.
    • Or just make it a limited clip with no chance to get extra shells.
    Update:

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It was already NERFed once

3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Another option could be to reduce the effective kill range of the double barrel.

4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

By increasing the spread.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think it should just be made a traitor weapon. The detectives have a shotgun, so why shouldn't the traitors?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Yeah.. This is REALLY op for innos.. I was on a round and all of the innos had a double barrel shotgun..

7. TheTrueCatMan

TheTrueCatMan I am the one who knock knocks. VIP

The double barreled shotgun is not overpowered. Here's why. With the double barrel, you have two rounds in the gun. That can equal a maximum of 2 kills. That plus the reload time = about 30 seconds in total. (assuming that the kills were consecutive.) Now let's take a more popular gun. The ak47 has a 30 round clip. It takes 3 bullets to kill, so assuming that you perfectloy shoot everyone, that is 10 kills per clip. once again assuming that you are perfect with the gun, you can get multiple kills within 30 seconds since there is no need to reload.

Now, lets talk about range. The double barrel shotgun is great in tight quarters and good for emergencies. However anything over 15 feet, the AK would dominate. There is no need to patch the guns as I think they are already balanced. Except the HUGE. That needs a nerf. It's OP.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Classical

This could also be a solution, makes alot of sense.

Your logic is a bit flawed considering this is TTT we are talking about, not CS or CoD.
    90% of the time traitors, detectives or innos do not need to make consequent kills because that is the nature of the game.
    The double barrel shotgun does have a long reload time but that isn't a factor in terms of it being balanced.

The example you make of the AK being more popular is simply false, it is however far more efficient at long ranges but it isn't as widely used, at least to my knowledge.

Now onto range, the double barrel has a very tight spread compared to other shotguns and can easily kill beyond 15 feet. Effective range is around 20-30 feet at the moment.
    Also most kills are in close range, obviously this depends highly on the map. But I would say approximately 50% or 60% of kills done are within 20 feet or less in general if you do an average across all maps.

I hope you are joking about the HUGE no one uses it, for good reason.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  9. Enigmatica

I use DB shotgun whether im on Metropolis/Rooftops or Terrortrain.

10. Classical

Yeah in tight quarters it is de-facto the best choice.

11. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Db shotgun still has too much damage in my opinion. Remember when it was released? 1 shot to any part of your body means death. Its still the same now, assuming all pellets hit. The reload time is incredibly quick, 5 seconds in total if I remember correctly, and you can interrupt the reloading process once you get a single bullet in the clip, so you can easily kill 3 people in the space of probably 4-6 seconds, reload completely, and do it again. If you are an inno and the T has a db, you are most likely buttfucked. The only possible way to deal with a T with db, is a previous kos on him, and using a db as well or smg/sniper from a safe distance. Also, the cone is too tight, and like I said, if all pellets hit you, no matter where they land (hand, feet, etc.) they will kill you. All the people I noticed that survived getting shot by a T with the db, are cases of shitboxes and horrible aim. It is STILL op.

12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

the gun is far from overpowered, i use this gun regularly, and yes it might kick ass at close range but if you miss your first shot, you can kiss goodbye to your kill, ive been outgunned many a time with this weapon and you all just over react to it, its perfect as it is.

Its a SHOTGUN its supposed to kick ass at close range, on a map like Rooftops this gun is useless, its a situational gun, you can be easily outgunned if the victim is behind cover or you miss a shot.

-1 -1 -1

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Carned

Its also limited by its small ammo size, thats how a double barrel works, raw power is exchanged for magazine size.

14. Enigmatica

Yep, if you miss your first shot, you're done. I see no problem with the DB. If you want to kill someone who uses it, get a DB yourself or back away where they can't kill you as easily.

Using a DB Shotgun is a lot about picking your fights and running away when you know you're fighting a losing battle. You need to catch people off guard or you won't ever kill anyone.

15. Classical

I agree that IF you miss your shot it is almost impossible to recover from due to a large reload time.
    But its a shotgun that is far more powerful than others in its class (normal shotguns, not the jackhammer). Thats the issue im trying to put out there.

The cone of fire or bullet spread is too tight and can kill far beyond what is supposed to be "close range", this compounded by its great damage per bullet makes it overpowered in my opinion.
    In TTT it isn't hard to close the gap to get within that sweet spot that the DB can be effective even on a map like rooftops. It is essentially a one shot one kill weapon within less than 20ft.

What makes this gun so dangerous is that you cannot kill traitors unless you have a valid reason, this means they can close the gap this gun needs to be effective without any problems.
    It leaves no chance for innos or detectives to retaliate, it is reloadable and you can find extra shells for it.
    No other weapon (regardless of being a traitor or detective store bought weapon) has as many advantages as this.
    The 2 shot capacity and the reload time are usually not a factor in TTT unless you are a traitor who needs to kill multiple people in quick succession.

A smaller clip however, lets say 2 extra rounds in reserve with no chance of getting extra ammo would potentially balance it out, but even then its extremely deadly at less than 20ft.

Ill give an example: lets say a suspected (not KOS) traitor keeps following you and you also have a DB. You still have very little chance to escape or kill the traitor in retaliation, this gives ample time for the traitor to kill you unless the player in question misses the shot. This can happen multiple times in 1 round to many different victims.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  16. Carned

If your shot in the back by a T then they're a good traitior, thats nothing to do with the weapon, if i have an mp5 and i shoot you in the back and you have a double barrel, im still going to win with my mp5

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Classical

I don't think you understood my example. This is while being aware of the player in question at all times (not shot in the back).
    Also, ive been shot many times with other weapons in the back only to spin around and instantly kill an assailant with a DB, so no you would not win unless I was far away, missing shots or not paying attention.

18. Carned

Try using the double barrel for 2 weeks then come back and tell me its overpowered.

19. Classical

I've been playing on the server for a little more than a month. Obviously I don't have as much time on the server as yourself.

But I think I still have the right to voice my opinion on something I think should be changed, regardless of time spent with the DB.

20. Carned

No, im telling you once you've used it yourself you opinion will be different.