DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Taco_Rocket, Nov 13, 2014.

1. same

2. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

No clue what it does. Leave it, the folder is harmless. It probably has "hidden files in it" you can go in folder options on your PC to double check but that would be part of your system. I have the same thing and I am not infected.

3. Mr. Disco

I think that might be the lightshot program that @Sinz uses.. (I don't know what it looks like because I have never downloaded it. But why would it have 31?) I'd say delete it.

4. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Lol, I was kidding around. It was obvious this was the virus, and no it's not the lightshot program. I only use a snipping tool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

You guys are dumbasses.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Predated

Predated VIP

7. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Frubbs

Frubbs VIP

These links tend to float around, my rule of thumb is merely avoid all links from a website I don't recognize. If it seems out of the ordinary, make sure to check the link for a misspelled word, most commonly in phishing attempts, a spam bot will send a link along the lines of: "steamcomminuty.com". Just be wary guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Or. Dont. Be. So. Stupid.

The Messages with the links that are PM'd out of the blue are only fallen for by idiots.

I mean. Just. Look. Who. Would. Fall. For. This. It. Exactly. Mimics. What. I. SAID. IN. MY. EARLIER. POST.

Don't cower in the damn corner like a little baby. Phishing links are by far the most easiest hack to recognize.

[​IMG]

Without regret, I'll shame anyone who can be considered a functioning person, probably not a child, who falls for this. You deserve no sympathy and must be harshly educated about the simplicities of Phishing. Angelx obviously knows.

I literally received this message 2 minutes ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Disco

I use snipping tool too!! We've got a lot in common. :rolleyes:

11. qsawz

qsawz VIP

12. si.

13. PurpleDerpyDerp

PurpleDerpyDerp New Member

I know everyone already knows that Steam is getting infected with Steambola and E-Aids. This morning of this post I got 6 links and they are the most suspicious links I have ever seen. I'm really lucky that I saw the post "DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK" or I would have been dead since I normally click anything that I get sent through steam. I would like to say you guys saved my asses.

Link that friends sent me(DO NOT CLICK OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR ADDRESS BAR!!!)

Anything that looks like this: screen...pictures... com /img_012

Watch out for that link and do not click it. This is not the first time I've seen E-Aids spread through Steam before.

SteamBola- Steam Ebola

E-Aids- Ebola Aids or Electronic Aids

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. PurpleDerpyDerp

PurpleDerpyDerp New Member

Its a different link senpai
    Its my own link and mine storyz

16. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

This is the third god damn thread about this obviously easy to avoid hack. everyone everywhere dont be stupid and calm your tits so I dont have to look like a yelling maniac!

Now that the threads were merged, I look like a total bum! Seriously. NO NEED TO FREAK OUT OVER THIS WEAK SAUCE HACK.

Aimbots are more scary than this crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I merged all of your threads together.

Just stop clicking on links if you don't know their destination, for christs sake. Stop making new threads on this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Virtx

Virtx VIP

Good thing I have Nortan xD. I did click this but it was sent from an old friend soon as I clicked it my Nortan removed it... dont think im ever going to click a link from friends again .-.